BX24 seat vinyl cracking...

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #1  

Skyco

Elite Member
My BX24 is coming up on 4 years old. Yesterday I went to clean some pine sap off the seat that dripped from a tree it was parked under, and noticed cracks in the seat material in several places.

This tractor has always been stored indoors. Just turned over 200 hours.

Wondering if this is common, I've been very pleased so far with my BX.

Just for grins I looked up the price of a new seat for when the time comes...over $200 :shocked:

The seat on my Snapper riding mower lasted over 20 years before it started cracking.....

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #2  
Interesting that you posted this today, I was doing some rainy day maintenance to the L3400 yesterday and put some Armor All on the seat.

Although it isn't the best stuff, it will help keep the vinyl supple. Mind you, I'll slide around and squeak for a few days, I used to hate putting the stuff on motorcycle seats. There's a matte finish version of it, maybe it's not so slippery?

303 Protectant is good stuff too, I used it on my canoes with good success.

Sean

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #3  
Is it the new style seat?? If not, get the new style...money well spent:thumbsup:. I found mine for $85 on Ebay new.

Deano

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #4  
That seems early. Mine sits outside most of year, and it's not yet cracked. Of course, I did upgrade when the newer, more comfortable seat came out, but I think that was at least three years ago.

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #5  
It does seem too early to crack right now. My BX is 4 yrs too and has newer seat and no cracks yets with over 500 hrs. First 3 years i put armorall on it. The only thing I see wrong is the faded black paint in rear of seat. I been thinking about painting it.

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #6  
Local dealer still had a supply of those replacement seats Friday at $99.00.Heard Messick's had them also.

/ BX24 seat vinyl cracking... #7  
Had mine for a little over 3 years and it sits outside in the southern heat and humidity...no cracks observed so far. :thumbsup: