BX24 missing part?

/ BX24 missing part? #1  

Singlecoil

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-24D Cub Cadet LT42e
I've been working the ol' BX very hard this week and I've begun to wonder if I may have lost a part off the bottom. Specifically, one that holds up the MMM bracket. I can't remember how the whole apparatus looked beforehand, but now it seems to hang down a little. I don't have a MMM so I'm not that familiar with the setup. When I turn the big knob, the brackets move up and down, but only a little bit, maybe an inch. I saw a part with teeth underneath the right side (from the driver's perspective) but I can't find a part that engages the teeth. There is also a bracket that doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Here are two pictures. The first is how it hangs, the second is with me holding the MMM bracket up to the other bracket that doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
Can any BX24 owners out there tell me if I'm missing anything?

Thx.
part2.jpg

part1.jpg

/ BX24 missing part? #2  
Single,

If I am not mistaken, the items that you have posted a pic of are the toothed parking brake lock and brake linkage.

The mower height adjustment knob only adjust mower height when linkage is raised to highest position via 3 point hitch lever. For your purposeses (no MMM) just raise linkage, adjust knob to "top" and then linkage should stay out of the way.

Hope this helps!

/ BX24 missing part?
Thanks Renob!

That did it. I had a chance to get back out to the tractor today, raised the 3pt arms, cranked the knob, and now the MMM bracket stays up even with the 3pt arms down.

Thanks again.