BX24 high-range reverse quick stop

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
I know this has been discussed ad-nauseam... is there any resolution to it? I ask because I almost flicked myself off the tractor today by needing to let up on the pedal faster than the slow release workaround.
I find no mention of a fix in my old post searches.

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #2  
I would say the seat belt would be the only answer. Might still get whip lash, but at least you won't fall off.:) I have a 1500 and ity is the same way. If you are ready for it, it is like riding a bull.

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #3  
The problem is that by damping the pedal too much you'll have people coasting into stuff and complaining about the opposite issue. This happened with the RTV. The best solution is just to have a hydro thats responsive and learn to feather your foot off the pedal.

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #4  
Hello guys I am new here and enjoy reading the posts. The thing I have found to do if I am not backing up alot but just short distances. Instead of pushing down on the back pedal with my heel. I use my tow and place it under the forward pedal and raise it up when I let go I don't seem to get that whip lash effect. Just a thought try it.

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #5  
MessickFarmEqu said:
The problem is that by damping the pedal too much you'll have people coasting into stuff and complaining about the opposite issue. This happened with the RTV. The best solution is just to have a hydro thats responsive and learn to feather your foot off the pedal.

It is also very unsafe to have it stop so fast that the front wheels leave the ground. You CANNOT feather my BX1850 at all.

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop
MessickFarmEqu said:
Right Ok... so - the mass of my tractor with a bucket full of stuff and the BH on - stopping that fast - in no way adds significantly excessive wear and tear on the rear end when it stops like that?

/ BX24 high-range reverse quick stop #7  
Fish,
I to have a BX 24 and have the same problem. What you could try is under the foot deck on the right side by the frame rail as you are sitting on the machine say below the area of the 4X4 lever you will find a spring loaded ajustment bolt that is hooked to the forward/reverse linkage. Kind of tough to get to but you can do it. You can adjust the tention higher or lower by turning it in or out. you can get a lot of the sudden stopping out this way but if you go to far you will then have to much roll when you lift your foot. You may have to play with it a few times to get it to a good compromise but it does help. Good Luck