BX2370 won't start because of bad ground.

/ BX2370 won't start because of bad ground. #1  

i7win7

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota bx2370, b2650, ford 4000
Yesterday my BX would not start - made clicking noises. Plugged jumper cable into my winch power connector (https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...ng-electrical-devices-tractor.html?highlight=) and tried to jumpstart, no luck. Removed battery - charger showed 95% charge. My truck has a battery disconnect, I used jumper cable from truck to Kubota battery and it started.

I reinstalled battery, used my jumper cable on the winch connector and connected the black wire to negative battery post. With a new ground path, it started. Drove it to garage for repairs.

Removed grill guard, side panels and traced battery ground to engine mount behind the oil filter. Used small file to clean frame and terminals. While I had everything apart I added a bare copper wire to a 2nd frame connection. Everything works, hope it's a lifetime fix.

Attachments

• 20200528_121915.jpg
    20200528_121915.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 20200528_114125.jpg
    20200528_114125.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 120
   / BX2370 won't start because of bad ground. #2  
Replace your bare copper wire. Solid wire like that will fatigue. Its a fine temporary fix, but get a proper ground wire.

/ BX2370 won't start because of bad ground.
Replace your bare copper wire. Solid wire like that will fatigue. Its a fine temporary fix, but get a proper ground wire.

Hopefully cleaning the original ground connection is "THE CURE" due to it's location I added the additional ground path.

/ BX2370 won't start because of bad ground. #4  
Always use a flexible cable where vibration or movement is present...

51ov1K0OcEL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Always clean to surfaces to bright steel (silver) ..

Use dielectric grease to ensure the is no moisture or oxygen intrusion into connection...

PRM81150.jpg

Yes dielectric grease, yes it is a insulator, and yes if you have solid mechanical connection the insulation property of dielectric grease is voided... But it seals out the things the cause rust and corrosion...

I use it on all my crimp and screw and bolt and nut connections.... Even terminals on batteries... I don't have corrosion issues....

I eve use it on house light bulbs and on batteries in TV remote and all sort of battery powered gizmo and whatnot's...

Dale

Last edited: