BX2230 not charging

/ BX2230 not charging #1  

joesco

Silver Member
My Kubota BX2230, Engine model Model D902-E is not charging my battery. The belt is tight and using a volt meter with the engine running my volt meter is only see 11.9 V.

I've researched the threads and found that some folks have upgraded to a 40W Alternator, but using the two part numbers I found, it appears my dealer and some of the online sites don't stock them any longer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

/ BX2230 not charging #2  
I have a friend that had the same problem, same tractor, he asked me to look at it and I found the plug into the voltage regulator had come loose. Had to remove the battery and I believe it was on the right side in that compartment. Pushed the plug in and it worked ever since, good luck.

/ BX2230 not charging
Thanks, I check it out in AM. I hope it's that simple! Appreciate it!

/ BX2230 not charging
Resolution.... Pulled the Battery out and it showed a date of 8/2007 and would not take a charge on my Noco smart charger. Went to my local Kubota dealer and picked up a new Group 26 battery for $89.00, cleaned up terminals, and applied a battery terminal protector.

Started tractor, at idle my volt meter showed 13.1, at full throttle it showed 14.9, so it looks like it was a battery issue, not the Dynamo or Rectifier.