BX2200 Starter Issue

/ BX2200 Starter Issue #11  
I know this is an old thread, but it sure helped me. Thanks to lefty525 and similar post from Kubmech. I picked up part no AM107421 from local John Deere dealer. About $32. It comes with instructions for a variety of Kawasaki engines. No mention of John Deere or Kubota, but it worked fine. The solenoid wire on my BX22 is black with white stripe instead of purple, and I had to clip off a small plastic nub to make one of the solenoid connectors fit. It takes a while to remove all the body panels but the installation takes only a few minutes. Tractor started fight up. Thanks guys.

/ BX2200 Starter Issue #12  
Another satisfied customer. Did the relay a couple weeks ago and knock on wood I haven't had the starting issue since!

/ BX2200 Starter Issue #13  
One of these will work, at 1/3 the price, but it ain't green.

Ford Starter Solenoid - 12 Volt for Ford 2000,3000,4000,7000 - D2AF11450AA

I bought the JD relay for my BX2200 and it works well.

I tested the relay and it is different than a standard relay, as it activates at something less than its 12 volt rating (maybe 8 volts, but do not remember), and amazingly once energized, it will stay in the closed position down to close to 4 volts DC.

BUT I concluded that ANY relay probably would work in most cases. Still, I have no regrets on buying one that should work longer than a standard relay, if contacts in the safety circuit continue to deteriorate.

Just trying to say that the relay Milkman referred to will likely work fine in most cases.

/ BX2200 Starter Issue #14  
First post - So fingers crossed!

I've an old Kubota BX2200 D - Its always been a little temperamental starting. Takes a good few go's before things turn over. I serviced last year cleaned starter motor & new battery. Everything seemed peachy and motor would start almost immediately.

This year all good - until suddenly it wont start. Varies from 1) all dash lights come on ignition, glow plug warming....clicking...but no start. 2) ignition lights, but no glow light and no clicking from starter motor (pinion doesn't pop out) or 3) Dead.....tried jump starting and nothing.

Installed a new ignition switch (waste of money) and that didn't make a difference. BUT! today I used jump leads from battery to starter motor directly (normal leads connected) and bingo - starts like a dream. So I've come to the conclusion that something is dud between battery & starter motor - and its not the ignition switch.

Is there a starter relay on the OLD Kubota's (there are no safety switches as I can start with PTO , Seat, etc. etc. ). Could it be a bad earth? HELP welcome and starter motor/engine details are in photos.

And....I am learning...no idea where the starter relay would be (or what it looks like)

IMG_3700.JPG

Attachments

• 1714154932425.png
    1714154932425.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 11
   / BX2200 Starter Issue #15  
Tell us more about how you connected the jumper wires... did you also connect a (-) wire? Or just the positive?

I'm thinking starter solenoid or the lead from the battery to the block.

/ BX2200 Starter Issue #16  
Hey - I tried first just negative jumper cable. (Id read bits around the grounding) with tractor positive connected - Nothing

When I put both jumpers from battery to starter motor (black on the body of starter motor, red to positive connect point). Turned the key and started straight away.

Made me think the starter was OK, but by using both jumpers I'm skipping something that is faulty in the connection. (I dont have any electrical test gear)

Thanks for the reply