BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one?

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #1  

woodstock

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
Around here we keep track of how many days until it snows. It is now between 90-100 day based on averages.

My old JD 316 has a removeable Hard top/front/rear cab with framed canvas sides. This is great when the snow is blowing and the wind chill is high.

With this cab I could park on the highway and walk in and even in a suit I could comfortably blow the driveway no matter what the weather.

I'm thinking the BX could get pretty cold in those situations.

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (20 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #2  
Curtis Enterprises makes one. They have a website.

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one?
I've been there. Before I shell out $3k, I'd like to get some user feed back.
I'd hate to be disappointed but at the sametiime I'd hate for the family jewels to freeze.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 (20 hrs) All Kubota FEL,Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #4  
Ouch!!!!!! Had no idea they were that expensive. You can afford a mighty fine, Mt. Everest quality, down bib, parka and gloves for that amount of money--and have plenty left over for several tractor implements and several nights on the town.

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #5  
It's true that a proper cold weather suit can be very warm, I have high tech cold weather clothes for cycling, they work great.

Rogue

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #6  
I found this one made by Femco. (See attachment) But after emailing them, they said these were made for Kubota and that they stopped making them. It looks like it has its own frame. Maybe if enough of us contact Femco they will start making these for the compacts again! I would pay $500 for one of these. I hope to find something like it at the EMPIRE FARM DAYS show that is coming up in two weeks.

18-30445-von.gif

Attachments

• 2-59977-kubotaweatherbrake.jpg
    2-59977-kubotaweatherbrake.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 119
   / BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #7  
I have the Curtis Cab for my BX2200. Mine cost $1300.00 when I bought it last fall. I have the soft side canvas model and am very impressed with it. There are a number of different options that you can get with it such as a heater, lights, radio, etc. but personally I added lights and a rear window defogger from J C Whitney to mine myself for a lot less cost. I live near Buffalo, NY so it worked out great for the winter. It came with a windshield wiper and canvas sides and a plastic rear window. I could not see the cost of going with the hard side version. I was comfortable clearing snow this past winter with just the rear defogger on the windshield.

Larry, Can you post a picture?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

/ BX2200 Cab, Does anyone have one? #9  
I have a 2410 with FEL. Will a Curtis Cab Enclosure fit around a FEL Joystick and FEL frame?

I was wondering the same thing. With the front mount snow blower you leave the FEL frame in place along with the joy stick controls which raise/lower the blower.

I emailed Curtis Cabs the link to this thread, hopefully they will participate.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif