Dealer BX2200 at your dealer?

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #11  
duster,

Just curious, what kind of Deere do you equate to a Kubota BX2200?

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
There is no deere in that class. The 445 is not as well equiped as the 2200
as for the 300 series deere not much there. Would like to see JD beef up
there lawn tractors. So is the kubota gonna be here one time the dealer says yes.
we'll see, might have to keep the 318

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #13  
i was shopping for the j.d. 4100 or the slightly larger 4200,granted they were 4000 to $5000 more, equally equipped ,but they are larger in physical size and have more ability than the kubota. i could have had either tractor at that time not 3 months later! hopefully this tractor will suit my needs and not be just the lowest price out there.because so far dealing with kubota and my dealer have not been worth it, i hope the tractor speaks for itself.

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
Rich,
Was looking at a BX2200 in the showroom in Syracuse this afternoon. Want something that can cut 5+ acr and do light grading. Is this the right tractor for me???????
R/Dave

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
I guess I bought tires at the right time. I picked up a set of Ag tires for the BX for about $300 for 4 wheels and 4 tires all mounted.

Can't tell you how much fun it is to carry one of the rears around and mount them. NO STRAIN THERE!

Probably could have got by without them, but needed the heavy duty ag tires when I have to pull the L35 out of the bog.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
I think you'll find it will do the mowing, the grading will depend on how compacted the ground is. Even the biggest L series tractor isn't very efficient at hard ground without tearing it up first.

I'm using mine for what I'd call light grading of loose dirt, using a rake with a drop down blade and gauge wheels, and a box blade with the digging blade off so just the "smooth-it-out" rearward facing blade is on.

I have an L35 to do the heavy work and I'd caution others that for something to do rough ground work IMHO the BX isn't the machine for it. It's a great shuttle bug, for most things OK but if you are going to operate on rough or muddy ground it doesn't take much of an uneven surface to allow the belly of this little beast to hit the ground, and I am concerned (maybe erroneously) about those steering rods that are so close to the ground.

The seals will probably keep the crud out but coating the chrome rods in mud and then sliding them in and out can't be a long term good idea I would think.

For mowing I wouldn't anything else, low for the slopes, I still smile when I look at this darn thing.

If I didn't have the L35 and to have a multipurpose machine and had rough or deep muddy areas to civilize I'd bite the bullet and get the next one up (B2410?) Powerwise it is great, it's just a matter of height for rough ground or debris.

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #17  
Re: BX2200 Hoopla!

Guys,

I don't get it! OK, granted, I'm swayed by owning what I believe is a great New Holland TC18 tractor. I don't understand all of the Hoopla over a toy tractor, a sub-compact when you could own a New Holland TC18 for about the same money and have a REAL Compact Tractor! Is it just because it is Orange?

And anyone out there thinking that the BX has more horsepower at 22, when the TC has 18.5 hp, look at the stats, the TC will outpower the BX in all areas. The ONLY advantage that I can see for the Kubota would be lower center of gravity. Even PaulB, who owns a Kubota B1700, said that the BX engine is the same as his but they cranked the rpms up to about 3600. This increased rpm engine, some Orange board members have stated, will not last as long as the B1700 which tops out at about 2600 rpm!

Put me down for "Just Don't Get It"! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #18  
I agree with del; I think he answered the questions well. The only thing I would add is that you said you were "looking at a BX2200 in the showroom." I think you'd be wise to try to drive one and see how it feels to you before buying; something that I think applies to any tractor.

Bird

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #19  

No big puzzle, JimBinMI; different strokes for different folks; just depends on how you intend to use a tractor. If you're doing a lot of mowing, the BX has the lower center of gravity, and a wider stance than my B7100 had. Sounds good to me, especially if you have hilly terrain. And in theory at least, the higher RPMs should wear an engine faster. Of course, in this case we're probably talking about your son having it overhauled instead of your grandson when they inherit it. Admittedly, the BX is not for me, although if I could afford an M series tractor AND a BX, then I'd be in the market./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ BX2200 at your dealer?

Maybe some of you guys could help me out? I need a machine to mow about 3 acres of hilly terrain, and also mow between rows of grape vines in a 1 acre vineyard, hilly also. I want to expand the vine yard, clear some brush land, roto-till, and dig post holes. I looked at the BX2200 and the B7500. Any thoughts on which is better for the job?