Dealer BX2200 at your dealer?

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #41  
MTV,

"ALL compact tractors are made in Japan." Exactly where in Japan are Kioti's made? Don't Korea, China and other countries make some compacts?

Can you tell me where you get your information on New Holland? I would really like to know. I'm told that my NH TC18 is assembled, along with other TC's, at a plant in Dublin, Georgia, I believe, here in the USA. Yes, I believe that the engine is Shibaura, and probably some other parts too! Nothing wrong with that, look at the relationships between Chevrolet and Isuzu, Ford and Mazda, Chrysler and Mitsubishi! There's certainly a lot of information out there on tractors and it's hard to keep it all straight and even to gather it! And, even though a lot of Kubota owners can say that their Kubota is made by Kubota...does that mean that Kubota doesn't contract out any parts/pieces/components? I don't know!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
Evey manufacturer contracts out a huge amount of stuff. I always hope the manufacturer of the engine has a good track record. The Shibaura (sp) engines sure do. You still have people though that won't buy this or that brand ever again for whatever reason. I would think the smart manufacturers would go to different companies so they can benefit from who does what best.

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #43  
Hi Jim,

I had to wait for my M6800 to be assembled in Gerogia, too. They had to put the ROPS and wheels on it. Local Kubota dealers are allowed to all the assembly themselves up to the M5400. The larger tractors are assembled on either the West Coast or Georgia. Didn't take them very long.

Was surprised to learn that your Blue tractor was so high in Japanese heritage. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #44  
Wen,

"I had to wait for my M6800 to be assembled in Gerogia, too. They had to put the ROPS and wheels on it."

I'm not sure if this is the same as New Holland's advertising of "assembled from the ground up in Dublin, Georgia"?

"Was surprised to learn that your Blue tractor was so high in Japanese heritage." Not sure what you mean by this Wen?

We consumers don't know a tenth of what we could about the "who, what, where, when, why and how" concerning the goods that we buy! But, with a global economy who knows, I don't! I do know that locally Kellogg's has cut jobs and they have other plants around the world where they pay employees much less than here. Amway near Grand Rapids, MI just announced job cuts too...they have other plants worldwide too.

Have an Orange Day Wen!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #45  
Michigan has taken a beating on alot of jobs all you have to do is drive through Flint to see how great it is to give all those jobs to Mexico and overseas.
Gordon

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
Thanks for the advise... Having it dropped of thursday for a test run around the old homestead. Not sure what i am looking for because this is my first tractor. I am sure that it will not be as smooth as my new RAM truck..... Dave

/ BX2200 at your dealer?
My original question launched about ten other topics on the same thread, but I'm honoring my promise to report back after making a purchase.

My BX2200 was delivered yesterday by Dave Handy, from Sharon Springs Garage, Sharon Springs, NY. Around $12,300 for tractor, RCK60B 60" mid mower and LA211 loader. $300 to deliver it from upstate NY down to Orange County.

Dave Handy, co-owner of the dealership, delivered it himself. Since I'm new at this, he took extra time to explain everything and we mounted/dismounted mower and loader so he could show me how.

Good dealer, good dealer principal - I'd recommend them and him. Dave Handy, Sharon Springs Garage Rte 20, Sharon Sp 518-284-2346, DLBHANDY@midtel.net.

I called a few dealers after getting initial responses to my question. Can't provide much about the others, because I began dealing with Dave Handy after the first call to the Sharon Springs Garage.

He said he is taking a week off in July, in case there's a delay in getting a response from him.

Hope this helps someone looking to make a purchase, Rich S.

/ BX2200 at your dealer? #48  
Re: BX2200 Hoopla!

Rat ,

Love your idea about the engine / hydro in the TC45d . Put me down for one!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif