Bx1500 Hose Heater

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater #1  

Robert_Parent

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1500
Does anyone know what diameter the lower radiator hose is on a BX1500? I want to get a radiator hose heater before winter arrives and not sure of the size. I would like to get a heater in-hand before draining and taking the Kubota apart. Also does anyone know what wattage heater should be used?Thanks...

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater #2  
Bob I'm not going to say I know for sure but I'd think Kubota only makes one size hose for the BX line. There's probably only 1 style heater you can buy for it. Call the dealer as he would know and has them in stock I'd think. About $35

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater #4  
300 watts should do just fine. Why not measure the hoze?

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater
Thanks for the input...

Yes, I could measure but wanted to pick up a heater before draining and taking the Kubota apart. I just thought someone might know the diameter of the BX1500 lower hose.

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater #6  
How about this? Both hoses are the same ID (inside Dia) so, that be stated, why not remove the top hose and measure the ID? Or measure the the OD on the Rad mating dia (where the hose connects to on the rad?

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater #7  
Robert:

Make sure that the heater is thermostatically controlled so you don't boil or overheat the fluid. Some of the old style were based on time not temperature.
Just an FYI.

/ Bx1500 Hose Heater
Thank you, Thank you!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif