BX Wheel Studs ??

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #1  

Rip

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F-2880 & F-3680
I have a F-2880 front mower which I believe utilizes a trans-axle from the larger of the BX series tractors and need to confirm the wheel stud size. At first I though it was 7/16" x 20, but stud is slightly smaller than that so thinking it may be M11. Can someone confirm the size ? The local hardware stores here only carry 'popular' sizes and when I got to a place with broader selection, I did not have a lug-nut with me.

Thanks in advance, Rip

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #2  
Hi RIP,

As far as the BX rear axle, the stud are 1/2" x 20. I do not have the any info for the F-2880
Maybe someone else can help,
Richard

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #3  
Kubota doesn't use standard hardware. The studs would be an M12 1.50 TP. The best thing to do would be to remove a good stud and match it at the store.

/ BX Wheel Studs ??
Yeah, I have a lug nut in my pocket again (no jokes please), nearest place to confirm for sure is about 45 min away, but not much other choice.

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #5  
I'd call Messicks parts. They will know, and could ship them to you.

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #6  
Looked at owners manual today and it shows stud and torque values but no size given. :confused3:Sorry. Guess you'll have to call a dealer with a parts man that will tell you the size or take your nut to town.:D

/ BX Wheel Studs ??
Got it sorted out......finally! This F(rankenstein) machine uses M10 1.25 studs. Not sure what else does but figure it is not the only 'Bota using that size. Needed to know for wheel spacers......anyway, problem solved.

/ BX Wheel Studs ?? #8  
Got it sorted out......finally! This F(rankenstein) machine uses M10 1.25 studs. Not sure what else does but figure it is not the only 'Bota using that size. Needed to know for wheel spacers......anyway, problem solved.

Keep us informed as to your progress on the wheel spacers. Would like to see a finished product with parts, details and pics.:thumbsup: