bx VS jd2210

/ bx VS jd2210 #1  

eubie5

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx2380
i was sold on the bx1800 untill i saw the jd2210 today. the jd was priced at 10500 for rig and 54' mmm and the bx is 9995 for same set-up. what's people's opinion?

/ bx VS jd2210 #3  
That seems like a high price for a BX1800. In December I purchased a BX2200 with FEL, 60" MMM, grill guard, 3PH drawbar for $11,976 + tax. I was quoted the BX2200 with 54" MMM for $9500. Other members on this forum have received better pricing than I did.

The JD 2210 was very new at that time and the JD dealer wanted $11,250 for the 2210-4 and a 54e MMM. With a FEL it was over $13,000 so I bought the BX. I am sure I would have been just as happy with the 2210 had the pricing been competitive.

The BX1800/2200 and the JD 2210 are excellent tractors. I think I would go with the dealer that offered the best price. Comfort level with dealer post-sale support is another factor to consider.

So far I am very pleased with my BX2200. Initially, I was not considering a FEL but TBNers highly recommended that I add it to my configuration. That proved to be excellent advice. I have used the FEL quite a bit hauling, lifting, clearing snow and spreading 25 yards of compost & mulch. If you can see your way clear, get a FEL. You won’t regret it. Haven't used the MMM yet, I am anxious to try it out.

John

/ bx VS jd2210 #4  
I looked at both of these tractors long and hard. Another contender was the MF GC2300. All seemed equal to each other. The JD had some improvements over the BX such as a more useful 3 Pt hitch. But I did not like all the plastic on the JD - a personal opinion but a factor none-the-less.

My deciding factor occurred to me while pondering the fact that the MF was an unproven new model. I was concerned about all the kinks being worked out. The MF is a rebadged Iseki and should be a solid and reliable tractor. While pondering that I realized the 2210 was also a new untested model as well. So I decided on the BX2200 for that reason. Kubota invented this subcompact class of tractor and the BX series has been around for a while.

Phil

/ bx VS jd2210 #5  
My opinion is that the bx2200 is more in line comparison wise with the jd2210, since they are both 22 hp. That said..I would go with whichever dealer makes you feel more comfortable and would give you the best service/support after the sale. Both are great tractors...I chose the bx2200 because of my dealer, price and most importantly to me is that the bx is a proven tractor and the green one is brand new to the marketplace! Hope this helps! Kevin