bx orders

/ bx orders #1  

Anonymous Poster

Still waiting for mine 3 months now. Dealer thought it would be a month.
We went on vacation found four dealers that did not have any said could get
one in a month. Dealer has tried but with no luck to get the kubota rep.to ship
orders. Does any body know the answer (slow production or problems).

/ bx orders #2  
They are out there. I saw 3 of them on a truck several weeks ago at my dealer. Do you have a signed order with your dealer. Kubota fills all signed orders before they ship Kubota floored (financed) units to dealers to put up for sale. If they are on allocation, then find a dealer that has one coming in. They don't arrive by surprise.

/ bx orders
you might have to do what I did when I ordered my BX1800 this past May. I ordered May 7th and was told 2 weeks, I was then told sometime in May, and then June maybe. I got kind of upset so I jumped on the Kubota web site and found the phone number to my regional office which was in Columbus Ohio for me. I called them and ask why they(Kubota) couldn't supply my dealer with the tractor I ordered, I explained all the called I made to my dealer and expressed my displeasure in a diplomatic fashion. The gentelman that I talked to ask me what I ordered, when I told him I ordered a BX1800 with a 60" mowing deck he thought it was odd, because the 1800 came packaged with the 54". I explained that I had been using a 17hp twin cyl. gas tractor for 17 years with a 60" mower so I sure figured that the 3 cyl. 18 hp diesel would turn a 60" mower. He took my name and number and name of my dealer, he said he would check in to it and contact my dealer, 2 hours later my dealer called and said they located a BX 1800 in Akron which is 1 1/2 hours away from me, he told me it had the 54" mower so they would have to order the 60" mower for it. They went and picked up the tractor and held it in the storage area until the mower came in 1 week later. I would say call Kubota and twist their tail, it does seem to work. I've seen it work twice, once for me and the 2nd time for my neighbor who bought a B2710.

/ bx orders #4  
A week or so ago, I was by a dealer that had lots of Kubotas on the lot, including one each of the BX models sitting right in front of the door, so I don't know why it would be so slow for you.

Bird

/ bx orders #5  
All of Kubota orders are coming slow do to the fact they are having trouble keeping up with demand. Kubota sales are up in excess of 40% for the year.

/ bx orders #6  
Guys,

Don't know where you're at but here in south-central Michigan the Kubota dealer has the following ad:

0% down financing
BX1800 w/54" mid-deck, list $11,285 SALE! $9,995
BX2200 w/60" mid-deck, list $11,885 SALE! $10,595

In stock and available!

If you need the dealer, phone #, etc, just let me know.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ bx orders #7  
Saw an article this past Spring were all the major manufacturer's were surprised. Tractor sales were down last year, and they planned production on low demand. So what happened, 2000 became a big demand year. Maybe with the economy healthy, and people looking for ways to get more free time, they are buying up this year. (Or, are we all just toy-buying?)

/ bx orders #8  
Sometime during August 2000 the Knoxville TN dealer finally got a few BXs in. I believe they have at least 5 on the lot (some of which were most likely back-ordered; but I doubt they all were). Their phone number is (865) 687-5418 for those interested. Also, I drove over to Nashville this past week and a dealer there had two out front on the lot. It appears that supplies may be catching up with the demand.

/ bx orders #9  
Some of the things that Kubota has done in the past couple of years was to increase their market strengh in the larger size tractors with new designs on the M-series. The one that really hit them hard was the demand for the BX-series that they way under estimated the demand for and created a whole new class of tractors.

/ bx orders #10  
Bought a BX2200, 60" mid mower and loader two weeks ago from Ruwet-Sibley, an established dealer in northwestern Connecticut. They had 7 BX's in stock at that time. Price, after some competitive research, local proposal-getting and negotiation. was 12% off factory list--ie, about $12,600 with bar turf tires and the better loader valve. I had a better tax-included price from a close cross-border dealer (ie, who would have delivered for free and who wouldn't have charged sales tax), but I decided to go with the local dealer because I liked him and I am interested in after-market service and a long-term relationship.

Also shopped Carver and Tractorsmart on the internet. Both were courteous, helpful and knowledgeable, but neither had any products on hand to ship. Moreover, their prices were not really any better when shipping is included. They were both in the $13,300 - $13,500 range with shipping. Since they were advertising my package at $12,000, this means the "shipping" charge for about 800 miles was in the $1,300 to $1,500 range.

I put the word "shipping" in quotes because there are two possibilities. First, this could be the actual shipping cost incurred by the internet dealer. If that is the case, surely, with some research effort on the part of a buyer and a motivated dealer, one can match or beat these internet prices even after local sales tax is included. A motivated local dealer should be able to match the internet seller's equipment price, and even the highest state sales tax (NY?) should be less than the internet dealer's shipping charge. Probably the most price-effective strategy would be for a buyer who lives close to cross-border deaker and who can get free delivery--and warranty service!--after a 12%-15% discount, with no sales tax at all. That is the kind of deal I did in fact negotiate, but which I then passed-up for the reasons stated above. The second possibility is that the internet shipping charge is not all shipping, but in fact includes packed-in dealer profit. If that is the case, the package price should be further negotiable, but I would question the the business practices of such a dealer and probably would not want to do business with him. I hasten to add that I have NO evidence that the shipping charge from the two dealers I mentioned is anything other than what they say it is. Perhaps they would care to comment.