BX fuel filter

/ BX fuel filter #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Anyone who has had to deal with the BX fuel filter knows it can be a PITA endeavor if you need to deal with the filter under the frame under the seat.

Solution: add a fuel separator/filter and shut off in a more convenient location.

IMG_1300.JPG

I used a kubota part

And

There are some Youtube videos covering details.

/ BX fuel filter #2  
Boy oh boy is that true ! I spent all afternoon today replacing the fuel filter on my BX2200 (see other thread on it...) I had to remove the mower deck (I'm 80 and work alone...) Did I get a face full of fuel? Yes. Did I get grease encrusted dirt in my hair and eyes? Is that deck too heavy for me to manipulate? Yes to all the above. Of course having the deck off I spent time lubricating every zerk , replacing the deck wheels and checking blades. But you have a great idea with this filter separator. I should have done that instead of replacing the dern filter...

/ BX fuel filter #3  
That was the first MOD i did to my BX23s when i bought it brand new in 2017. I installed the same unit. Changing the filter was never easier. I change both my fuel filters once a year just before snow fly`s. I got mine in a complete kit form already made up. Took only a few minutes to install it.

Just a heads up:
1) Put some grease on the threads of the filter housing and filter ring. It will come off a lot easier later.
2) DONT buy the cheap chyneesium garbage they are selling out there. The REAL kubota filter has philips head screws on the shut off valve flange. The junk chyneesium ones have the flange on the on/off valve rivited in. (JUNK, it`ll leak!)

Last edited:
   / BX fuel filter #4  
You don`t need that extra fuel shut off valve, the filter housing already has an on/off valve on it.

/ BX fuel filter
OK, you got me. I won’t be 77 until next month. Also work aone, I have the drive over deck, but geez, all the frame stuff still attached to tractor is a pain.
Mine almost cost me my apple watch. Managed to chip the face corner. Fortunately after it dried out and resuscitated I was able to patch with Bondic. Hoping to get another year out of it, only 4 years old.

I was very fortunate in that when I researched the problem of why the BX was stalling out I ran across the filter fix. When I removed the old filter I extended the lines so I could add a temp filter in the engine area until I had the replacement in hand.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / BX fuel filter
You don`t need that extra fuel shut off valve, the filter housing already has an on/off valve on it.

True, unless you want to shut off before the filter.

/ BX fuel filter #7  
True, unless you want to shut off before the filter.
Its actually better to use the on/off valve on the filter housing. You`ll lose less fuel changing the filter.

/ BX fuel filter
That was the first MOD i did to my BX23s when i bought it brand new in 2017. I installed the same unit. Changing the filter was never easier. I change both my fuel filters once a year just before snow fly`s. I got mine in a complete kit form already made up. Took only a few minutes to install it.

Just a heads up - put some grease on the threads of the filter housing and filter ring. It will come off a lot easier later.

Good on ya. I wasn’t aware. Made my own bracket so took me longer than a few minutes and I only had black paint, no grey or orange.
Thanks for grease tip,p. Hopefully I’ll remember when and if I remove the bowl. Kinda strange I didn’t as I usually put lube on my screw type filters, even on my water system. Senior moment I guess.

/ BX fuel filter
Its actually better to use the on/off valve on the filter housing. You`ll lose less fuel changing the filter.

Good point, thanks

/ BX fuel filter #10  
Good point, thanks
You`re very welcome.

Another thing to try... when you go to re-start your tractor, cycle the key switch on & off a few times and let the fuel pump prime the fuel system back up. Works for me pretty good, never have a start issue after changing the filter`s. Some guys will crack the fuel rail open an turn on the key to bleed out the system.