BX 22 Rear Trailer

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer #1  

GregW

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX 22
Hello,
Has anyone built a trailer to go behind their BX 22 or 2200? If so what bed size did you build?
I'm in the process of having one built and would like everyones thoughts as to the optimal size. Should the trailer be no wider including trailer tires than the width of the BX ? thats what I'm thinking.
I havent got around to measuring the BX width, but I'm thinking about 3 feet total width for the trailer and about 5 feet long with 14 inch sides.
What do ya'll think?
It's being built as a basic utility garden trailer.

Thanks
Greg

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer #2  
I opted for the cheapy at Home Depot..... end of season bargain... half price... only $100. Have had it for 3 years now and it still is going strong. Put a plywood floor into it for the cushion effect. Isn't worth the trouble to make a good one because it will not serve any greater purpose. Just my nickles worth....

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer #3  
I use a 10 year old dump trailer from Quality Farm & Fleet. A agree that it isn't worht spending a lot of money on. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer #4  
Actually I have two that I use. For just moving "stuff" around the yard I have a small plastic dump trailer I got at Sears a couple of years ago.
If I am loading stumps and brush to go to the transfer station I pull my 4x8 utility trailer (using a 2" ball mount) and then switch it to my suv for transport to the dump.....
Guess you run what you brung! as they say!

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer
Completed BX Trailer

Here is a few pictures of the completed BX 22 trailer.
The internal dimensions of the bed is 4 Ft x 6 Ft.

Trailer sides and floor is made out of 1/8 steel plate. The side frame is made from 1 in square tube. And the trailer frame and Tongue is made from 2 in square tube.
The tailgate is removeable by sliding it up out of it's holding channel.

Please note the drop tongue, this allows for level towing.
The trailer axle is the leaf spring type, rated at 1100 pounds, the axle and tires are both highway speed rated. the trailer can also be used behind a small car for quick trips to pickup landscape materials.

I wish I could take credit for this superbly crafted poject, but the credit goes to my brother in law........an extremely talented if not gifted craftsman to whom I will always be thankfull.

Greg Williams

Attachments

• 335085-Picture 016.jpg
    335085-Picture 016.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 515
   / BX 22 Rear Trailer
Trailer decorated for Halloween

We all had a great time, I pulled at slow speeds, 5 adults and 4 children thru the area trick or treating.
The kids and adults all thought it was a great idea. We plan to make it part of every Halloween.

Attachments

• 335088-Picture 015.jpg
    335088-Picture 015.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 381
   / BX 22 Rear Trailer #8  
GregW,

I guess it depends upon what tasks you have in mind for the trailer. I would think that obstacles in the path of where you are planning to tow the trailer would determine the width.

I took the route of purchasing a road-worthy small trailer. It is small enough to use behind my tractors and yet can still be towed behind my car and/or truck if needed.

Attached is a photo of my trailer. It was an equipment trailer (2200 lb rating with a torsion axle) that a local rental company sold me for $225. The photo shows my old B7100 & tiller loaded onto the trailer (mid-mower removed). I'm pretty sure that a BX will fit on the trailer also with the mid-mower removed.

As I look at the photo I have no idea why the chain is hung over the ROPS.

Kelvin

Attachments

• 335124-Dsc00440a.JPG
    335124-Dsc00440a.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 446
   / BX 22 Rear Trailer #9  
Re: Completed BX Trailer

That is a beautiful little orange " Kubota " trailer. I like the
metal bottom and the metal sides. Your bother in law is a good welder and designer. I an still looking for a trailer for my kubota to haul and for a trailer to haul my Kubota. Thanks for sharing David

/ BX 22 Rear Trailer #10  
Re: Trailer decorated for Halloween

Great looking trailer, bet it's useful!