Buying Advice Buying from Alibaba

/ Buying from Alibaba #31  
I saw that too, I bet he's got a whole new attitude :thumbsup:

/ Buying from Alibaba #32  
I received notification from Rima; shipment is booking and do I have an agent for ISF (importer security filing)

If thats a question what was the answer?

/ Buying from Alibaba #37  
What paper work is there? I thought you add to cart, then buy, then get an email receipt, then later you get an email or phone call giving estimated delivery date, then on the day an estimated time of day, least that the way it was when I bought a metal lathe from Smithy, no paper work til sign for delivery.........

/ Buying from Alibaba #39  
It most likely was made in China or possibly by the same company.

While you're 100% spot on for most things, I'll let you in on the important bit.

If the Chinese one breaks, how long until you get new stuff? 3 weeks? 4 months? Probably depends on the boat and customs.

If the CA or USA one breaks, well you're likely to get your parts much more quickly, especially if its a brand with support in your area.

That and warranty backing is why I usually prefer USA "made" even if I know its really from Chyna.

Now, with that said, the couple parts I've needed from my Mahindra dealer have never made it to me in less than a month (closer to a 3 month average) and they have a huge warehouse in TX.

So while my point stands, its really not even that strong of one depending on the companies involved. I just see ALOT of people buying **** from Alibaba and then dealing with a headache getting returns and warranty, I'm sure some companies on there are good about it tho.

/ Buying from Alibaba #40  
In the case of that stump grinder, the company in Canada that sells them has a decent supply of parts on hand, you don't have to wait months for the part to come from china... But I do understand where you are coming from...

SR