Buying Advice Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #82  
I have both forks and a grapple.
How should I use them to replace my two rusting 5' deep yard hydrants?
I do not have that challenge. But if I did, I can dial the phone and get them dug out...might cost $150. My BH guy lives 4 miles away....BTW, he was my advisor when I looked at buying a tractor. Told him I was going to get a BH and he talked me out of it. He asked me “What the hell are you going to do with it?”

He was a greedy bastard for giving me such bad advice. I have had to pay him $600 in the last 9 years for BH work.

Look...i know my needs....you know your needs...they are different. We are trying to help another fellow with his needs. At this point he has had a lot of opinions and he can decide for himself.

I am done

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #83  
I do not have that challenge. But if I did, I can dial the phone and get them dug out...might cost $150. My BH guy lives 4 miles away....BTW, he was my advisor when I looked at buying a tractor. Told him I was going to get a BH and he talked me out of it. He asked me “What the hell are you going to do with it?”

He was a greedy bastard for giving me such bad advice. I have had to pay him $600 in the last 9 years for BH work.

Look...i know my needs....you know your needs...they are different. We are trying to help another fellow with his needs. At this point he has had a lot of opinions and he can decide for himself.

I am done
The final point I would make here, is that most folks have absolutely no idea how truly useful a BH is, until they actually have one, just steps away.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #84  
Some of us are old very difficult to use a shovel because of
our age and we don't have the big bucks like some of y'all
So we are happy to take our time and putter around with our
little tractors with backhoes, we are not on a time frame so
who gives a sh*t if it takes us two days or more to do some
digging with our little backhoes we don't!

willy

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #85  
Why, so I can have another machine to maintain.
No thanks, I'll keep my backhoe.
Takes me 10 minutes to install and 5 minutes to remove

2 machines with half the run time each is still roughly the same amount of maintenance.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #86  
Looking at a Branson 2505H with and without a backhoe.

I wondered if you all think the tractor would be easier to sell down the road with a backhoe?

Maybe hold a bit more residual value with backhoe vs with just a FEL?
The OP’s question is about resale. Not who can dig the deepest hole.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #87  
2 machines with half the run time each is still roughly the same amount of maintenance.
Kinda true,.....except for batteries, oil & filter changes, and tires, but tires usually do go for many years without issues.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #88  
I would say that $4600 for a backhoe on on a new tractor is a good price. Also, don’t forget that you can get A ripper tooth to swap out the backhoe bucket with, and a quick attach to make it easier. As well, a thumb is very useful for helping you hold logs for sign and or put things on a trailer that are too heavy. The thumb it makes it kind of like a claw.

I have all of those things on my Kubota BX25, and I would not be without them.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #89  
Can you retrofit a backhoe onto a tractor? For example, if you get an RK37 can you buy the backhoe later....

For OP - how about a tow behind back hoe if you have small jobs for one? Like the Harbor Freight. $3,300 9 HP Towable Backhoe.

As a potential buyer I don't like the idea of taking a BH off the tractor. Yes, the power/speed/depth is different but I only have one light job for a BH right now.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #90  
Can you retrofit a backhoe onto a tractor? For example, if you get an RK37 can you buy the backhoe later....

For OP - how about a tow behind back hoe if you have small jobs for one? Like the Harbor Freight. $3,300 9 HP Towable Backhoe.

As a potential buyer I don't like the idea of taking a BH off the tractor. Yes, the power/speed/depth is different but I only have one light job for a BH right now.
Most of the backhoe attachments for tractors today are very easy and quick to mount and dismount. Maybe asking for the dealership to demonstrate or show you how one goes on and off before buying would make you a little more at ease with the idea. On my Kioti I can mount and dismount the hoe in less than 5 min.

Can’t give any feedback on the tow along hoe!