Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #1  

jreed1337

Tractor
Cub Cadet 128
Hi All,

I am wanting to get a compact tractor for some projects around my property, and to have a little fun with. I currently have a 1971 Cub Cadet 128 that's just for fun and a Cub Cadet XT2 for mowing and snowblowing duties.

My main uses for the tractor will be moving soil, rock, and gravel, grading and smoothing the property with a blade, and leveling certain sections of the property for aesthetics. And, well to be honest, to play with and tinker with. I will not be using the tractor for mowing. We have 2.5 acres, but the actual mowable land can easily be handled by the Cub Cadet. I'd also to try and pull down a grove of trees running along my driveway, they are all 6 inches in diameter or less.

I think I have narrowed my choices down to 3 different models.

Kioti CX2510HST
I've been quoted 21,050 at zero %. I like this tractor for the ergonomics of the cockpit and the overall weight of the tractor. Would the weight be a concern at all for the extra strain it will put on the engine over time?

LS MT225S
I've been quoted 19000 at zero %. Lots of things to like about the LS. 3 range, Yanmar engine, good ergonomics.

TYM T264
I've been quoted 16000 at 3.99%. The cheapest in the group, but offers the same features for the most part. Nothing to really not like about the T264.

They all have 6 year warranties, all three dealers are about 45 minutes from my house.

What do you all have to say about these models of tractors? Any model I don't have listed that you would suggest? The 21K mark is just about the top of the price range for me, I can't get too crazy with the spending.

Thanks for your time! Here's a photo of my 1971 128 for the heck of it.

52941067484_89d8655189_b.jpg

52940319832_66bcb37da8_b.jpg

Last edited:
   / Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #2  
I would think any of the three you listed would serve you well. I would not be concerned about the Kioti being too heavy for the engine. Weight is a good thing in a tractor.

I would suggest you look closely at the dealers. Talk to people that have used them, check out their service departments, find out how long they have been in business and such. Unless you are really mechanical inclined, you will need them someday and they need to still be there.

I also would not expect to pull up a bunch of trees with any of these tractors. You can drag them after they are cut down with any one of your choices. Good luck!

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors
I would think any of the three you listed would serve you well. I would not be concerned about the Kioti being too heavy for the engine. Weight is a good thing in a tractor.

I would suggest you look closely at the dealers. Talk to people that have used them, check out their service departments, find out how long they have been in business and such. Unless you are really mechanical inclined, you will need them someday and they need to still be there.

I also would not expect to pull up a bunch of trees with any of these tractors. You can drag them after they are cut down with any one of your choices. Good luck!

Yah, my main interest in the Kioti is the extra weight for the class for tractor, I like how heavy it is for the added tractor and inertia.

Of my interactions thus far, the Kioti dealer is winning, TYM dealer is good, and the LS dealer gives bad vibes and just feels a bit slimy and dishonest.

You don't think a 25HP tractor can pull down a tree huh? That's a bummer, I was hoping it would.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #4  
Yah, my main interest in the Kioti is the extra weight for the class for tractor, I like how heavy it is for the added tractor and inertia.

Of my interactions thus far, the Kioti dealer is winning, TYM dealer is good, and the LS dealer gives bad vibes and just feels a bit slimy and dishonest.

You don't think a 25HP tractor can pull down a tree huh? That's a bummer, I was hoping it would.
It is not that I think a 25hp tractor can’t pull down a tree but they are not designed for that type of work. You can easily hurt the tractor or yourself doing that type of activity. A chainsaw is much better suited for tree removal.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #5  
I would not tear up my new tractor trying to do something it was not designed to do. Tractors of the size you are looking at are for pulling implements, not pushing them. The FEL is for lifting. I would hire someone with a small dozer to come in and push the trees down. Or rent a mini-x and dig them out. Then use the tractor to clean up afterwards.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #6  
As the other member mentioned weight is your friend. Tractor dealers are like car dealers. they are really hit or miss. Or they could be great the first few times you take it in and then the next time they aren't. I too looked seriously at the LS but the place that was selling them was not really a dealer but more of a we sell all kinds of stuff so I wasn't comfortable with that.

If you are capable as in doing all of your own maintenance then you should be ok. it really just comes down to maintaining the tractor and making sure you dont cause a catastrophic event b/c you didnt know the hydraulic filter was underneath and a tree limb put a hole in it. These things happens which is why you should take a good look at where things are at and what might damage them. Not saying these brands put them there but its something to keep in mind.

As the previous poster stated. You will need to cut down the trees and move them. at least thats what i would do. You can spring the loader by using the bucket to dig up a tree. Bc you would most likely use the one side of the bucket to pry the tree up with. Then could cause it to spring itself. They do make root cutting buckets. my neighbor has one and I used it. It worked well but its not something I would want to do all day that is for sure. IN all honesty I would rent a mini excavator for 350 dollars and make easy work of those trees.

Thanks for all the replies. I am a mechanic, so standard maintenance won't be an issue. The only things that I would not do is are things that require special tooling or equipment.

As for the trees, my goal was to cut them down to about 6 feet tall and pull them down with a chain. If that won't work or isn't a good idea, chainsaw and stump grinder it is. I was just wanted to use the tractor for the fun of it and to tackle the tree grove project as it's my first main goal in the yard this spring.

Keep the info coming, I appreciate it very much.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #8  
My 2 cents is Dealer makes a big difference. Two years ago when I went to step up to a bigger tractor I researched many brands and also had to decided rather to move away from JD. Kabota and Kioti had the next closet dealers and had awesome experience with Kioti so that’s the way I went and have been very happy with tractor and dealer.

/ Buying Advice - Kioti, LS, TYM Compact Tractors #9  
If I were in the market for a SCUT in this range, I’d probably look at the TYM2610. It’s like a 264 with extra weight. Or better yet the 2515…

Last edited:
If I were in the market for a SCUT in this range, I’d probably look at the TYM2610. It’s like a 264 with extra weight. Or better yet the 2515…
I checked out a 2515 while they were offering zero percent on it last month.

A nice tractor for sure, my only realy gripe was the slightly larger footprint than the others I have listed.

My other concern is that it is a rebranded Branson, not an actual TYM. So, what are parts and service item availability going to look like in 10,15,20 years.