Price Check Buying a DK-40se/hst

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #11  
You really cannot compare a skid steer to a tractor. Different tools. The skid steers will beat the pants off any tractor when you compare loader work or quickness.

I don't see how more horsepower from a Dk 45 or 50 would make any difference compared to a skid steer. They all have the identical loader. The DK55 has a little more loader capacity, not much more, but it doesn't have HST so is unlikely to gain any speed with loader operations (probably slower actually).

Skid steers are real good at what they do and it just doesn't make sense to me to try to match their loader speed and quickness when buying a tractor. If loader functions are key, get a skid steer. For general utility in non construction settings when mowing or ground engaging tasks are needed is where CUTs have the advantage.

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst
Hey all,
Thanks for all the replies and well wishing and useful advice/comments. I did trade with my dealer and stuck with Kioti brand- it is what I know, and it is the closest dealer to me. If I had a Bobcat dealer nearby i might have looked but I'm happy with the Kioti brand so far. I traded it with 265 hours on the clock and a fair amount of damage to the loader and hood, etc. from various mishaps and my attempts I would have to say to get it to do what it couldn't- hence the need to trade up. I like having the extra cylinder in the engine, beefier differential, and definitely the stronger KL-401 loader.
Most of my use had been the KB-2485 Back hoe, loader work, and eventually a box blade I got shortly after the DK-35 tractor purchase.
I put out $6K even and the dealer took the $3,250 rebate. I now have a new warrantied tractor which will hopefully last me many years before next trade in.
Please note there is a squeal in reverse noise in some Kioti 40-50 HST tractors, that seems to occur when the hydraulic fluid has warmed up and one pushes on the reverse pedal. Kioti is aware of it but currently has no solution to the problem. My tractor DID start making the squeal at around 6 hours- and I only have about 1 more hour on it now, so I can't say much more about my specific situation. My dealer was notified today and said he has one other 40 that does it too.
There is a post about the problem in the other Kioti forum- so check it out, those of you who own late model 40-50 series DK's with HST.

Last edited:
   / Buying a DK-40se/hst #13  
Hey Coyote_mochine,

Re-welcome to the pack .. heheheh. You are going to love your 40. Now you get the joy's of the 50hr service all over again.. get ready to pop a few blood vessles in your head getting that filter off!! :)

Carry on

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #14  
congrats I have a 40 and love it, but the cruise control craps out on the HST models

I didn't realize we had a dealer anywhere in So VT anymore. Can I ask who you use?

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #16  
Coyote Machine,

Welcome to the DK40SE pack!!! :thumbsup: I have 68 hours on mine and so far, no problems using the cruise control!

(CowwFace) I just loved your 50 hr service comment...not sure why but I'm still chuckling....:laughing:

Just used mine this past weekend to run an overseeder - spread 250lbs of Kentucky 31 in the front yard area. Neighbor & I went and rented an overseeder. It was the spiked roller kind VS. the disc-slit type. I definitely wish we could have had the disc-slit type. Time will tell how well it worked. I couldn't get any pictures of the tractor in action - sorry, wish I could have.

Enjoy your new toy....oops, ah I mean ah....your new tractor.... :thumbsup:

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst
BrokerMike,

I'm in So. VT, dealer is in NYS.
We talked before when I first got my Dk-35.
If you want to continue the conversation send me a pm.