Price Check Buying a DK-40se/hst

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
May trade in my 1 yr old Dk-35se/hst for a new DK40se/hst to get the stronger loader and more rear differential strength; plus the 4 cylinder engine with more hp than the 3 cyl in the 35.
Any one have prices for what a new 2010 DK40se/hst should go for with just the bucket loader?
I will re-use my kioti Kb2485 backhoe and Igland 4001 winch, etc.
Thanks!
Also what my trade is worth with 250 hours?!

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #2  
May trade in my 1 yr old Dk-35se/hst for a new DK40se/hst to get the stronger loader and more rear differential strength; plus the 4 cylinder engine with more hp than the 3 cyl in the 35.
Any one have prices for what a new 2010 DK40se/hst should go for with just the bucket loader?
Thanks!

Cant really answer your question, but all I can say is that you will probabally take a beating. I'd imagine the DK40 to be about 2-3k higher than the dk35, plus you'll probabally lose about 4k at least on the DK35 due to depreciation. So you'll probabally end up about 8k or better for the upgrade.

Is it worth it to you is the question you'll have to answer.

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #3  
Cm, thats not much of a trade "up". I went from a CK30 to 40SE, huge difference in loaders. My Ck was 3 years old & I took a $5K hit.............worth it to me though.
I thought the 35 loader & 40 were close in performance?

RD

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst
It is a difficult decision to make but it will be determined by what my selling dealer can do for me. he says he has to make 4 grand on the two items to make it worth his while. he says that a 1 year old tractor is worth the same as a three year old, because he can't finance a used tractor at a low rate, and he has tractors with 4 years on them with just 100 hours/year, etc.
I don't need the financing for the trade, just a reasonable price on the entire transaction.
having the stronger payload loader and an extra cylinder as well as a new no hours tractor with a 4 year warranty would put me where I want to be. When I bought the DK-35 I had not previously owned a tractor. I am dedicated to the Kioti brand and have been happy with the overall experience but the loader is not holding up to my tasks (see prior posts), and according to the dealer the loader is off warranty after that first year anyway so I'm sort of stuck with something that isn't quite what I see me needing over the next however many years. Fact is had i known than what I know now i would have bought the DK-40.
Also I can't upgrade to far due to barn door height and continued use of existing backhoe and winch/ boxblade etc.

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #6  
I'm a big fan of the DK40se/KL401 as the best bang for the buck in the current Kioti lineup and certainly understand the benefit of doubling loader capacity. You will not gain significant power though as the DK35 puts out 38hp while the 40 is rated at 38. You do gain the bigger axles though which are critical and are the reason Kioti won't mount the KL401 on the 35.

As others have noted, the current financing rates really drive down the value of 1-4 year old tractors even in perfect condition with low hours. You indicate that you don't need financing but you might lessen the sting by taking a full zero% loan on the new tractor and buying a CD to earn a little interest with whatever they give you as a trade. If you have any mortgage or other consumer debt you could pay that down by the trade in value to save some bucks too.

I'd say if you are convinced you need the KL401 then do the deal but be creative (not speculative!) with the financing.

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #7  
See what the dealer says first.
If not to your liking, I would try selling outright for a while I get alot of calls for used equipment.
Our typical turn around on used equipment depending on what the customer wants for it (we do consignment), machines sell n less than 3 months.
Of course you have to take timing etc into consideration.

BTI

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #8  
Thanks!

Hey CM,

I've had my DK40SE HST since Sept of 2009, and it's been fantastic. As it gets more broken in it gains power. I love it. Now I only have 2 acre to deal with.. mainly push snow in winter with mine.

It would really stink for you to spend a pant load of ca$h and still not have enough .. what about going to a DK45? It's the same frame, and should be same height / Width for your buildings... I'm sure you have looked at that though. Or what about going with a BobCat ? same tractor, but different loader from what I understand.. I'd ask Wallace he da man on matters like this.

Carry on

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #9  
CowwFace said:
It would really stink for you to spend a pant load of ca$h and still not have enough .. what about going to a DK45? It's the same frame, and should be same height / Width for your buildings... I'm sure you have looked at that though. Or what about going with a BobCat ? same tractor, but different loader from what I understand.. I'd ask Wallace he da man on matters like this.

Carry on

The DK45se is identical except for an additional 200cc bored out of the same engine block which adds 4hp at a premium of $1500-2000. I think they bore out 400cc before slapping the DK50 decals and another chunk of $$$$ to the price of that model. Given that it costs Daedong exactly the same amount to build the 40,45 and 50 it is clear that the 40 is the bargain. Those few extra hp are pretty darn expensive. I'd probably opt for the 45 only if i were buying the cab version to handle the extra a/c load.

I'd certainly comparison shop with the CT440 if there was a good Bobcat dealer in the neighborhood but it sounds like the OP is content with his current dealer and that's worth something too. A competitive Bobcat quote might loosen up his dealer's quote a bit though.

/ Buying a DK-40se/hst #10  
When I bought the DK-35 I had not previously owned a tractor.

Fact is had i known than what I know now i would have bought the DK-40.
QUOTE]

I hear ya, and feel your pain. I had a CC 28hp tractor that couldn't move squat and couldn't really do didly, other than cut grass. After 3+ years with the DK45sehst, I wish I had bought a 50/55. My 45 is kinda powerful for it's class, but once you get into the bigger chores, it seems kinda weak to me. I know it is a tractor, but when I had a guy's skidteer up at my place and we were running side by side, he could lift more, haul more, and get back and forth faster. To me, that is what matters for bigger jobs. About the only thing we did that I beat him at was driving down the road. I was faster. I wish he woulda had a mower for it, so I could have seen how fast it could mow. They make every attachment under the sun for skidsteers. Now a 50/55 would do just about what that skidsteer did according to kioti.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.