Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #1  

Wyld Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
I'm buying a used 2615 this week. It is in northern Maine about 6 hours north of me. I plan on going ot get it this comeing weekend but if we get any more snow I may have to take a day off from work & go get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have been using a 1988 GMC 3/4 ton PU with a plow to do my trecherous driveway. The truck has just about had it & it isn't working really.

Oh yeah is this a good deal (I think it is)

It is a 2006 2615 HST with a FEL. It has 40 hours on it. I'm paying $12,250 for it.
My payments are going to be about $315 a month for 5 years.

I don't know if it will have enough power for me but it was within my budget. It was get this or no tractor at all. It's hard to find anything nice for a HST tractor over 26 HP for less than $13000.

Last edited:
   / Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #2  
Is that up in ----- Lake?.....looks like a good deal on a great tractor ...Good luck and post some pictures please. Roads should be clean by sunday afternoon.

You may need a good set of chains to plow with if it has r4s (especially this year with all the ice under the snow).

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #3  
Good for you Wyld Bill, Sounds like you did okay, welcome to TBN.

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon
rumproast said:
Is that up in ----- Lake?.....looks like a good deal on a great tractor ...Good luck and post some pictures please. Roads should be clean by sunday afternoon.

You may need a good set of chains to plow with if it has r4s (especially this year with all the ice under the snow).
Yeah trying to find chains locally but not much luck so far. I need chains on my driveway for sure.
Next post loading tires:D

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #5  
Hammond tractor is right off the Fairfield Maine exit on 95 about half way up for you..I think. They sell Mahindra (big place Kubota and John Deere also) and usually have the correct size chains...not that there is much mystery in chains.
Good luck on your trip and drink plenty of coffee...your going to need it.

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #6  
Wyld Bill said:
I'm buying a used 2615 this week. It is in northern Maine about 6 hours north of me. I plan on going ot get it this comeing weekend but if we get any more snow I may have to take a day off from work & go get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have been using a 1988 GMC 3/4 ton PU with a plow to do my trecherous driveway. The truck has just about had it & it isn't working really.

Oh yeah is this a good deal (I think it is)

It is a 2006 2615 HST with a FEL. It has 40 hours on it. I'm paying $12,250 for it.
My payments are going to be about $315 a month for 5 years.

I don't know if it will have enough power for me but it was within my budget. It was get this or no tractor at all. It's hard to find anything nice for a HST tractor over 26 HP for less than $13000.
Sir, you can buy a brand spanking new 2615 HST for around $15000. With Mahindra's finance package you would have 48 payments of around $335.00. I strongly suggest you consider this option. If it were me, I would take the new tractor at a higher price because the payments on the USED tractor would make it cost more than a new one. Think about it.Mahindra Tractor Pricing – Low Rate Tractor Financing & Customer Price Reductions

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #7  
Those are southern and west coast prices you are quoting...however you may be right about financing (i dont want to make anyone toss and turn tonight). The cheapest price for a 2615 hydro in Maine/Mass/nh I found is $16,345 (I know because I was quoted 15,345 for gear and hydro was $1000 option yesterday). Now add the 5% Maine/Mass sales tax and your up to $17,162 + insurance if required by Mahindra. No sales tax on used private sale.

We get screwed on everthing here in the North East. You can weigh it all out or get some sleep.

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #8  
Sorry to see that the prices are so much higher than the previously listed MSRP'S on the Mahindra website. I don't see why folks in Maine, Mass., or N.H. should be paying a premium price. Even if the price were $17,000.00 w/tax, the price for brand new should still be a savings over buying used. Look at the Mahindra website's payment schedule, and it is obvious to anyone - new is cheaper!

Last edited:
   / Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #9  
I think that is a great price for the 2615 but the financing is WAY too costly. You're paying $6650 in just finance charges. Think about the implements you could buy with that. I say check some credit unions around your area. Mine will finance a tractor at 5.25% for 60 mo. But that tractor is basically new in my eyes, so I consider it a very reasonable price.

/ Buying a 2006 2615 HST soon #10  
The last price quote I received on a 2615 HST was $15,020 with fel. That was on the VT/NH border visible from I-91. I'm not positive, but I do believe that there is an additional $400.00 off from Mahindra right now. I know there is another $400.00 for cash in lieu of financing.