Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
Only thing I can think is that I must not have had the handle popped back into the holder, and it got snagged on something when lifting the 3pt.

I thought I would take it apart and get it ready to replace the broken casting. But, I couldn't get it apart: the lower threaded part seems to hit a stop and won't come out. Does this mean I have to buy the whole thing?

Here is a pic of the part that won't come out. Turns easy and then hits a hard stop:
IMG_6871.JPG

Here is the piece that is actually broken (can't be removed unless you take the bottom, and zerk, out):
2018-12-02 14.52.02.jpg

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism #2  
The "stop" you have hit is a nut inside the tube - screwed onto the top of the threaded shaft and is there to prevent the unit from being totally unscrewed.

You will have to do whatever is necessary so the broken casting can be removed and replaced. It seems like every ratchet mechanism I've ever seen is just a tad bit different.

That nut on the top of the threaded shaft and inside the tube is probably kept there by a snap ring also. Again - it could be just a snap ring on top of the threaded shaft.

If you can figure a way of getting it apart - the top casting should be able to be replaced.

If it's an OEM Kubota part - the parts dept at your local dealership should be able to help with exploded views of the total unit and perhaps a method of disassembly. If it's by an alternate manufacturer - you will have to determine who and contact them.

Sorry I can not provide specific instructions for your particular unit.

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism #3  
Depending on replacement costs you might want to consider building a hydraulic tilt:

making a hydraulic tilt link part 1 - YouTube

Using parts from Surplus Center and my welding, I figured $150ish to build one. And you are upgraded!

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism #4  
If you pull the grease zerk out of the body and screw the lower end back in when it get to the zerk area you will likely see a pin or jam of some type.

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism
Depending on replacement costs you might want to consider building a hydraulic tilt:

making a hydraulic tilt link part 1 - YouTube

Using parts from Surplus Center and my welding, I figured $150ish to build one. And you are upgraded!

Interesting consideration. I don't currently do anything where frequent adjustment is necessary or even helpful, but will keep it in mind.

/ Busted my 3-pt level ratchet mechanism
If you pull the grease zerk out of the body and screw the lower end back in when it get to the zerk area you will likely see a pin or jam of some type.

Good thought. I will have to try that.

I really can't see any other feasible way of getting to anything. The only other possible way I can think of would be an allen/torx type "thing" from the other end.