bush hog slip clutch

/ bush hog slip clutch #1  

cootercoon

Tractor
kobota 6040
looking for information on a bush hog slip clutch . am I on the right page

/ bush hog slip clutch #2  
Have you checked with your Bush Hog dealer? Quite a few places sell that brand, and it's a good place to start.

SR

/ bush hog slip clutch #3  
I am not sure what information you are after. Do you have an issue that needs resolved? Whatever it is, I am sure we, as a group, can inundate you with information:)

/ bush hog slip clutch #4  
This forum will work although there may be other options also. What information do you need? Do they work? YES!, Better than replacing shear bolts. Have you read Bush Hog's instructions? They should be loosed and slipped every month. No, I haven't done that.

So far, I have replaced the slip plates 3-4 times in 22 years in my 6' cutter. The 15' batwing has not needed any replacement disks in 14 years,

/ bush hog slip clutch #5  
The slip clutch is often a part that gets inserted in the pto driveline where the pto shaft would normally hook on at the mower’s gear box.
Add the clutch onto the pto shaft that comes out of mower’s gearbox. Cut your existing pto shaft shorter so it can still telescope down without bottoming out on itself when raising and lowering, and reconnect existing pto shaft to the tractor and the new clutch on mower’s gearbox.

There’s might be nothing special about the pto driveline of the equipment brand your seeking to add a clitch to. Any tractor part store has generic pto driveline parts.

Or buy full assembled ones:

/ bush hog slip clutch
I have a 2008 bush hog. slip clutch totally blew up. friction disks were all in pieces. bushing on mower side u-joint ruined. I have replaced it with new. friction disks should arrive next week I did not check the clutch prior to use as it functioned fine a few months ago. my concern is tolerances in the re-build. should there be a little play where the clutch support male end seats into the flanged yoke bushing. is there a small amount of play where the lining ring mates to the clutch support. in the initial clean up i came across a rubber o-ring that appears to fit on the clutch support. problem is the break down parts diagram doesn't show it. I hope it comes with the friction disks. I realize that under normal operation the friction disk, yoke, and clutch support do not spin and a not so perfect fit involving them will not cause any wobble or vibration of the pto shaft. any ideas ?