Bush Hog Log Splitter

/ Bush Hog Log Splitter #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
Does anyone own or use a 3pt Bush Hog brand log splitter? I just got a good deal on one from a dealer that is shutting down due to a fire. I hate to see them close they have been good people. The splitter is new but the paper work did not make it through the fire. There was a past discussion pointing out several down sides to a 3pt unit. It seemed the biggest issue was the lack of hydraulic flow in many of the smaller tractors. I have a B21, which has extra pump capacity,for the backhoe, so that should not be my problem. Any information anyone can share about 3pt. splitters sure would be helpful. Thanks.

MarkV

/ Bush Hog Log Splitter #2  
9/7

Mark, here is the word I just recd when I forwarded your post to Scott at BH. These Bush Hog folks are customer service oriented.

Jim, Thank you for email. Bush Hog discontinued the log splitters some time ago. I assume the mentioned B21 tractor is a Kubota B2100. If this tractor has a larger pump to operate a backhoe, he should have no problems with a log splitter. If you provide this person with my email address, we will send him an Operator's Manual.
Scott Moore
Product Manager
Bush Hog

/ Bush Hog Log Splitter
Jim,

Thanks for the information. I will e-mail Scott and see what information he can forward to me. Thanks again.

MarkV