Burning Wood at Night.

/ Burning Wood at Night. #41  
^^^^ Now, that's a tractor!!!
Ha that was borrowed from my neighbors.... Believe it or not it's their smallest 4wd tractor

/ Burning Wood at Night. #42  
Burned

Attachments

• PXL_20220504_234737323.jpg
    PXL_20220504_234737323.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20220505_031509948.jpg
    PXL_20220505_031509948.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93

ours before the moratorium started

man that burned hot.. Singed the tractor a bit to pushing the sides in .

Attachments

• PXL_20220504_234237692.jpg
    PXL_20220504_234237692.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 95
   / Burning Wood at Night. #43  
Somehow I missed this thread. Sorry I did as I'm a devout pyro Had a pto chipper but sold it, I'd rather roast than chip, much easier and more fun besides, I can get rid of my excess drain oil as it makes an excellent accelerant. No permits needed here, just common sense. I've roasted everything from storm damage to tree stumps. It all burns if you get it hot enough. Only idiots burn tires anyway. You can recycle them. Around here they get ground up and added to asphalt for road building. All the good wood gets dried, split and burned in one of the 2 woodstoves, only the branches and the junk stuff (like pine) gets roasted. I pile it up, squish it down with the front end loader to compact it, douse it with drain oil and light it up, usually just one match and a ball of newspaper

One thing I will do is if I have an old defunct computer, I'll add it to the inferno so it destroys all the data and when the fire cools, I'll put the twisted remains in the rubbish.

/ Burning Wood at Night. #44  
maybe offer free firewood would shrink your pile somewhat. if you had board size logs offer them to us guys with sawmills free. even junky wood, pine etc makes interesting boards

/ Burning Wood at Night. #45  
I have a couple large spruce's I'm going to take down this summer because of spider mites that you can have. problem is. with fuel what it is, I don't believe you'd drive across the country to fetch them. I cannot even give away woodstove wood. Put a sign by the road (did that a couple times) and no bites at all. Last summer I took out a crab apple tree and turned the larger branches and trunk into charcoal and BBQ'd on it. The rest went on the burn pile to be consumed by rapid oxidation.

/ Burning Wood at Night. #46  
I live 50 miles North of Denver, had to get burn permit from Public Health from Denver because the only smoke they can tolerate is from Pot!

/ Burning Wood at Night. #48  
Permits - we don’t need no stinking permits!
Like other posters, I used to chip & use as mulch. Easier to burn, spread ashes/cheaper than lime, & get free composted mulch from local city (who knew?).
Burn alders mostly, also some larch/clean up.

/ Burning Wood at Night. #49  
The last one at the farm caused quite a stir... all legal required AG burn as blighted not allowed to leave property.

Permit, 3 agencies notified, plus park rangers.

No matter... full on response including air support.

Again fully compliant but those enforcing clueless on AG...

Probably the last time as it all cleared nice.

At least it gave the neighbors in new multimillion dollar homes something to talk about... they are city farm is a sliver of county backing up to park...