Built me a bucket

/ Built me a bucket #1  

DavidD

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626
Ok folks, it rained this weekend, I wanted a new bucket=shop project. Someone tell me if I wasted my time. I used some left over 3/16 plate for the body,a piece of 2x4x1/4 tubing for the top edge, and a 1x3 bar cut down for the edge. I then reinforced the bottom with two 4" strips of 1/2" plate.
I made this bucket a little larger than the original "ottawa" that came on my bush hog 1846 loader. Rather than 48" by 14" high by 16" deep, my new one is 48" by 18"high by 20" deep. Hopefully my tractor will pick it up......
My original bucket has seen a few stumps and rocks and just didn't seem to haul quite enough "stuff"
I haven't drilled the pin holes to mount it yet, so I can still "abort" this mission and call last weekend "welding practice"
Any ideas?
I will post pics after {if} I put a coat of paint on it.

Attachments

• 271829-pond4.2411.JPG
    271829-pond4.2411.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,705
   / Built me a bucket #2  
Geez, 369 views, 360 dowloads, and not a single reply. I'll be looking forward to a finished picture of the bucket even if nobody else is.

/ Built me a bucket #3  
I was looking for a partially complete bucket. Thought mebbe he posted the wrong pic................chim

/ Built me a bucket
I used the new bucket most of the day today moving clay from the pond construction. It works great, at least on pre-bulldozed clay. Adding the extra 4" seemed to have almost doubled it's capacity from the original one.
I assumed there wasn't much interest in a "homemade" bucket, so I just built it and used it.

Attachments

• 273616-bucket1.jpeg
    273616-bucket1.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 855
   / Built me a bucket
another pic

Attachments

• 273627-ts5.jpg
    273627-ts5.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 670
   / Built me a bucket
I left the 1/2" plate brackets sticking up until I decide if I should use them to pin in some forks instead of the receiver style I had before.

Attachments

• 273629-ts1.jpg
    273629-ts1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 531
   / Built me a bucket #7  
David, nice job. Certainly doesn't look "homebrewed". I didn't realize the original pic was the bucket you made..............chim

/ Built me a bucket
I goofed when I posted that first pic,{it is of the original small bucket} tomorrow I will get one of the new bucket on the tractor. I copied the original, but made it larger. the pics of the bucket in the shop are the new one.

/ Built me a bucket #9  
Nice job Dave! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you make house calls to the U.P.?

I guess bigger IS better. I'll make sure I get the heavy duty jumbo bucket when I get mine.

Yooper Dave

/ Built me a bucket #10  
Looks great so far........
Probably got less response at first because we all wanted to see the REAL thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif