Mowing Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC

/ Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC
New Welder. Nice SMOOTH welds. Love it. This is the lifting handle

First fit up. Unable to figure out how to get the door to hold position. I tried everything I could think of, springs, pins you name it

Eventually I created this, out of some 1/4 rod, a spring, a rollpin and a few nuts. The nut with the pin in it is to keep the handle from spinning around, so the handle remains where my fingers can reach.

Painted and installed. Notice the bent metal under the lever. That is the latch to hold the door open that the above lock goes into

Finished product

The chute control in operation

Last edited:
In operation.

/ Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC #15  
Nice looking job :thumbsup:

/ Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC #17  
Pretty cool. I like it. When will these be for sale? You are going to make one for the regular 54" deck aren't you? :D

Pretty cool. I like it. When will these be for sale? You are going to make one for the regular 54" deck aren't you? :D

Funny you said that... My father said the same thing! That I should make and sell them. He never heard of such a thing and was very impressed with its operation. I wonder what the market would be?

/ Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC #19  
Funny you said that... My father said the same thing! That I should make and sell them. He never heard of such a thing and was very impressed with its operation. I wonder what the market would be?

I'd buy one!

/ Building a mower chute blocker for a BX OCDC #20  
Come springtime I will be hunting for something like this for my rck54p23bx.