BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX

/ BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX #1  

JRP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
I have seen pictures of these in catalogs. Built my own. It fits my truck, my tractor 3pt receiver hitch, and also my tractor front bumper. (next post) The receiver in my front bumper has been great. A place to pull from, add a weight rack, a spray boom, lots of other ideas to come. My little ATV sprayer should fit well, so I can spray the fence while I mow. This box removes in seconds.

I used this box this week end to carry posts, two chain saws, fuel, chains, axes, etc. Worked great! It even pushed over a small tree. I'll add removeable hand rails (manbox) and some straps on the bottom so It can be picked up with my forks. Then it will also be a personnel box for the front end loader.

34" of 2x2 x 1/4" tubing, (2) 2" x 3" x 24" 1/8 angle, (2) 2" x 3" x 60" 1/8 angle, 2' x 5' heavy expanded metal. I'll get it hot dip galvanized next time I take stuff for galvanizing.

Hope this helps someone.

JRPoux

Attachments

• 53-137779-Mvc-577f.jpg
    53-137779-Mvc-577f.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,536
   / BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX
The bumper, with receiver hitch. The front part of the bumper is 6' wide and bolts to a norrower section. If bent it can be easily replaced. (No loader yet.) The narrow section has two chain grab hooks, and also the recieiver hitch part. The hitch came from ebay, about $10.

Attachments

• 53-137782-Mvc-578f.jpg
    53-137782-Mvc-578f.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,031
   / BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX
The underside of the box. Very simple.

Attachments

• 53-137788-Mvc-579f.jpg
    53-137788-Mvc-579f.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 864
   / BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX #4  
Jim,
Thats a pretty slick looking set up you have there. I am guesing you created the front bumper yourself.
Nice work, it gives me ideas. Thanks. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BUILD A RECEIVER CARRY BOX #5  
JRPoux,
Looks nice.
I borrowed one from a friend a couple years ago during Deer season. All I had was a SUV and I don't thind my wife would have appreciated my throwing a deer in the back seat.
It should have a lot of uses.
I have an old ford Jubilee with a front receiver hitch and have been thinking of puting one on my Kubota but have not yet.
I really like the way yours looks. Thanks for sharing the Pics.
Rich...