Buddy seat finally available!!

/ Buddy seat finally available!! #11  
Invaluable for training purposes.

/ Buddy seat finally available!! #12  
I was actually talking with the wife about adding a buddy seat or something for my Son to ride along with me. As stated, its invaluable for training. We determined... well, I determined that we need a bigger tractor. :thumbsup::D

I remember sitting on the fender of our little tractor, an open platform 70s era IH with FEL. Not an ideal seat, but was comfortable enough for a 9 yr old. The other machinery, was either on grandpa's lap or leaning on the inside of the fender. Never had a buddy seat in anything. I started working for a harvest crew in high school, and our combines had buddy seats. I remember thinking "what are these for?" I only used mine for my lunch box! Now, I really want one in my tractor, but there is simply no room.

/ Buddy seat finally available!! #15  
I found the buddy seat on eBay...

The price seems steep. For $500 I’d be rigging up some type of similar small padded platform

/ Buddy seat finally available!! #16  
The price seems steep. For $500 I’d be rigging up some type of similar small padded platform

Maybe the bean counters convinced the liability lawyers they could get enough to defend the lawsuits that will inevitably follow.

/ Buddy seat finally available!! #18  
We determined... well, I determined that we need a bigger tractor. :D.

Let us know if your strategy worked.

What is the smallest LS tractor that can come with a buddy seat?