Bucket teeth coming loose

/ Bucket teeth coming loose #1  

David Devuono

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200
I noticed that a couple of bucket teeth are coming loose on my KX41. They do not appear to be pin on, rather looks like there are depressions on the mounts and you just hammer on the tooth sides to fit the depressions. Question, do I need to heat up the teeth or can they be hammered cold. I only have a propane torch. Anyone have experience with this kind of tooth.

/ Bucket teeth coming loose #2  
David I have no experience with those teeth but the steel will hold it's temper much better if you can hammer them cold.

/ Bucket teeth coming loose
I replaced a tooth because I lost one finally. The new tooth was so much longer then the other four that I bought more and replaced them all. Kubota recommended heating them up cherry red and pounding them. Well that was not possible with my propane torch so i ended up buying one of those MAP gas kits with a small oxygen cyl. I got them good and hot and hammered into place. Hammered my had several times too. Found a use for my hydraulic ram kit, using the duck bill spreader to hold the teeth tight when hammering in the opposite side.