Bucket question

/ Bucket question #1  

powergod

Silver Member
Tractor
CT225 Bobcat with Loader and R4's
I have recently bought a CT 225 with loader the bucket has holes in the bottom front edge I would assume for some type of expendable cutting edge or perhaps just something more durable, any ideas on what those maybe and price?
thanks
PG

/ Bucket question #2  
It is probably teeth for digging. I have a 62" general purpose bucket on mine and ordered the extra teeth for it also. I think for seven it was around $90.

I put them on last night but they short shipped me one so I haven't got to try them out much yet.

/ Bucket question
It is probably teeth for digging. I have a 62" general purpose bucket on mine and ordered the extra teeth for it also. I think for seven it was around $90.

I put them on last night but they short shipped me one so I haven't got to try them out much yet.

thanks I was wonder if it was for teeth do they just bolt on individually or how does that work?

/ Bucket question #4  
Yes those holes are for bolt on teeth or a bolt on cutting edge, the teeth bolt on individually or you can get the cutting edge so you wear that instead of the actual bucket, most cutting edges are even double sided so as you wear one out you just turn it around and wear that side. It simply increases the life span of your bucket

/ Bucket question
any idea what something like the cutting edge runs?

/ Bucket question #6  
You can bet on at least a few hundred dollars. I wish I could give you a better idea however as you can guess parts pricing depends on what part of the country your in and the specific dealer.

/ Bucket question
thats kind of what i figured, thanks for the help anyway
PG

/ Bucket question
well after talking to my semi-local dealer a cutting edge is about 225, while the edge with the teeth is about 560. now trying to decide if i need the teeth or not. any suggestions? probably not digging as a primary function just clearing land pushing over stumps that type of thing. i cant think of a need for the teeth but i truely dont know hate to buy just the edge and find out i needed the teeth or go the other way and figure out i dont need them or they get in the way.

/ Bucket question #9  
Ive had a bolt on tooth bar in the past and it really worked great for picking things up and pushing things over without hurting the bucket edge itself. I could even pick up trees I cut down and carry them.

/ Bucket question #10  
I bought the extra teeth for my bucket because I planned on doing some digging. I think they help. I used the bucket before the teeth and I could tell a difference once I added the teeth. My bucket needed 7 teeth and I think I paid $90 for them.