Bucket level jndicator

/ Bucket level jndicator #1  

Aggie66

Tractor
MX 5400
Has anyone figured a homemade way to put a bucket level indicator on your Kubota. I have a MX5400. Mine didn’t come with one and I didn’t know I needed that add on. It’s not that I’m cheap to buy an OEM one I just know lots of you guys are innovators. If you have something photos are good.

/ Bucket level jndicator #3  
My small Kubota's just have a piece of sheet metal welded to the top of the bucket with the flat top of a the piece of sheet metal (bent like a 2 inch section of angle iron would be) being level when the bucket is level. There is a label on it which says "Level Indicator." Can't get any simpler than that but also not that great of an indicator. Here is a picture of what I did on a MF2660. It is obscured in the bottom of the second photo but the 1/2" diam rod is bent into a circle at the bottom which has been placed around the pivot point of the curl/dump cylinder. That was original from Massey but the hollow outer tube that the rod slides up and down through lost a war with heavy brush. I replaced the tube with a foot long piece of plastic conduit sawed to right length and secured with a hose clamp to the curl/dump cylinder.

While this just repairs the original Massey level indicator, the same idea would be easy to duplicate on just about any loader. One would not need to have a 1/2" diameter rod but it needs to be stiff enough to be durable.

20230620_091242.jpg

20230620_091249.jpg