Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc?

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #21  
Price this thru Southern Ag and see if you think it might be a better buy

Roundup PROMAX(R) Herbicide | Monsanto IT&O

At my current mix ratio, cost mixed is about 65-70 cents per gallon.

What is your mixing rate?

At Rural King's current price for 2.5 gallon jugs, I would be paying $0.10/ounce for 41% glyphosate. I am mixing at the rate of 2.67 ounces per gallon of water (a 2% solution), so I would be at $0.27/gallon. I paid about $37 for the 2.5 gallon jugs at Rural King this spring, so I am at $0.31/gallon with my current glyphosate inventory.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #22  
What is your mixing rate?

At Rural King's current price for 2.5 gallon jugs, I would be paying $0.10/ounce for 41% glyphosate. I am mixing at the rate of 2.67 ounces per gallon of water (a 2% solution), so I would be at $0.27/gallon. I paid about $37 for the 2.5 gallon jugs at Rural King this spring, so I am at $0.31/gallon with my current glyphosate inventory.

Steve
Sounds like you have a better deal than me at that! Maybe I need to visit Rural King👍

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #23  
Sounds like you have a better deal than me at that! Maybe I need to visit Rural King��

It would pay you to stock up if you are ever traveling near Morganton and if you can resist temptation.:) It's a huge store with a lot of neat merchandise.

Steve

PS

If you are ever over this way, stop by the Yellow Deli in Hiddenite. The food is excellent and the interior architecture is extraordinary for a small town well off the beaten path.

yellow-deli-hidennite-2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #24  
I use tractor supply brand. farmworks 41% glyphosate.
You can believe this or not. I drilled several holes in the base of a large sweet gum tree. I poured this stuff full strength into those 1/2'' holes every day for about 2 weeks. It performed as expected and killed the tree
You didn't even have to repeat filling those holes everyday. Amazing, the small amount of undiluted 41% glyphosate will kill a full grown mature tree that way.

I kill the stumps of trees that I fall with normal gly solution. Cut tree, wait one year, spray the sprouts. Sometimes it takes another dose the next year.
Here is what I do. Paint those fresh cut tree stumps with undiluted glyphosate with a cheap onetime use paint brush. All you need to paint is the outer couple of inches of the top of the stump. Finished, no sprouting from the stump or root system ever.

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #25  
Gramoxone mixed with some diesel fuel.

VERY dangerous!!! Breathing the fumes of Gramoxone will put you in the emergency room. I've seen it happen.

For killing brush, anything with the active ingredient 'triclopyr' will work best. As others have mentioned, 'stump treatment' with glyphosate is also a good way to kill brush, but you do have to cut the tree down first.

With triclopyr, you have a much better chance of killing brush by spraying the whole plant, than you would have with glyphosate.

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #26  
VERY dangerous!!! Breathing the fumes of Gramoxone will put you in the emergency room. I've seen it happen.

For killing brush, anything with the active ingredient 'triclopyr' will work best. As others have mentioned, 'stump treatment' with glyphosate is also a good way to kill brush, but you do have to cut the tree down first.

I didn't cut the tree first. I only drilled holes into the trunk. It killed the tree. I then cut the tree down:thumbsup:

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #27  
VERY dangerous!!! Breathing the fumes of Gramoxone will put you in the emergency room. I've seen it happen...........

The MSDS for Gramoxone is quite informative on just how dangerous Gramoxone can be if not handled properly. People respect the toxicity of pesticides but tend to think herbicides aren't all that dangerous and often are lax in their usage of them under the false assumption that because it's made to kill plant life, it won't harm animal life.

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #28  
   / Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #29  
I didn't cut the tree first. I only drilled holes into the trunk. It killed the tree. I then cut the tree down:thumbsup:

That will work too. You could also use an ax or hatchet to put a big cut in the tree, and spray the cut area.

/ Brush Killer, what kills all brush & weeds etc? #30  
I have some English Ivy I'm trying to get rid of and Roundup or brush killer won't touch it. Some suggest mixing brush killer with diesel. How do you mix that, my jug recommends 4oz per gallon of water. If I mix diesel fuel, do I use a gal of diesel and 4oz brush killer or 4oz diesel and 4oz brush killer then the gal of water? I don't think diesel and water will mix too well.