Brush burn attachment???

/ Brush burn attachment??? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I'm burning a couple of large piles of brush with stumps, trees, etc. I put them in sink holes over the years. There are two problems though. As they burn I'd like to be able to push things together for better burning, but it's too dangerous, stuff on edge of an 8 foot deep sink hole. Other problem is even if I drive around another way...in from bottom...the hot coals and logs burn the FEL bucket.
Is there something simple I can fabricate for this? I drilled holes in bucket for a tooth bar...maybe something out like two 6ft. steel bars, another angle iron across. Do they make such a thing, or better ideas?
Thanks.

/ Brush burn attachment??? #2  
Image in my brain seems like clamp on pallet forks with a piece of steel plate (heavy screen?) mounted vertical at end as push plate ...

I would be extremely cautious about getting close to edge of any "sink hole"...

Dale

Last edited:
   / Brush burn attachment??? #3  
If it really is an 8' deep sink hole and dangerous by your estimation to push with your tractor, you best leave it to burn and when the fire is out a few days later do whatever you need to do with a rake. You make one mistake and you have a roasted tractor, not just a bucket, and maybe you to!

/ Brush burn attachment??? #5  
Burn your stuff up on the flat, and push it in when it's done burning?

/ Brush burn attachment??? #6  
Check with road departments or contractors in your area to see if you can get an old piece of guardrail. Use your holes or whatever to mount that, maybe backwards, concaved side forwards.

/ Brush burn attachment??? #7  
My Fireplace Rake:

P6022174.jpg

Sets on the forks latches to the top of the frame:

P8181941.JPG
P8191942.JPG