Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045??

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045??
Dave -

Any opinion on any consequential type damage to my tractor?
The bolt loosening theory seems to be the most logical reason why the failure happened.
Thanks for the info!

Eric

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #12  
Eric,

I suspect the only damage will be to the obvious parts. I do not think it would affect the clutch or other internal parts. The dealer needs to make a close examination of everything, but probably it doesn't go any further than the front axle. While it looks ugly, it is really a simple repair.

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #13  
Dave, as usual you provide the valuable info we need as kukje owners. How about getting us a closeup picture of the bolts / where they are located?

I remember asking my dealer specifically about this ...having read the post from back last yr....but will do a thorough check again.

pete

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It does not affect the 10 series at all.
)</font>

Dave,
this problem does not affect century or bransons smaller frame tractors?(2535)

thanks,
doug

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #15  
Doug, it does not affect the smaller frames. If you look on a larger frame, the front axle assembly is wider by about 4 inches. They gained that four inches by installing a spacer on each side. That requires longer bolts. It is those longer bolts that have failed. By the way, I've seen this method of "supersizing" the front axle on several brands, so it is not unique.

Pete, thanks for the kind words. If I get a chance I'll snap a picture.

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #16  
You can try making a small mark with a drop white or yellow paint with the bottom of a match on the bolts where they meet the casting that way if they start walking out it will be easier to notice, That is if it isnt all caked with mud

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045??
That's a good idea.
I think I'll do that when I get the tractor back.
I didn't get a chance to check in on it today - too busy at work! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Im gonna try in the AM. Hopefully it will be good news so I can get back to work this weekend.
I used the Cat 420 backhoe for around 16 hours - until a hydraulic line burst! I think I have the black cloud lingering over me and the equipment I use. So - Don't let me borrow any equipment - hehe /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #18  
I just got my new Century 3647 about 3 months ago, with the new Cummins engine. Does this problem also apply to my model?

Concerned,

Anthony

/ Broken Wheel Hub On Century 3045?? #19  
I believe all of the Cummins models were built after they changed to the doweled front axles. You should ask your dealer to be sure, or perhaps Chipperman can confirm.