3-Point Hitch Broken lever for raising/lowering....

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #21  
I would seriously consider grinding off the end of that crowbar, to a more comfortable feeling end, in the case that you hit a bunch of bumps and it decides that your leg or pants is the place it wants to poke into. Other than that, nice work!
David from jax
:eek:I was on my phone yesterday and the pics don't load many times!!! I really do agree, I would not want the claw end facing me!!!

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #23  
does that thing always have chains to connect the lower arms to the upper arms or were they lost and you made those to get by?

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #24  
That is cheap, the angle I have looked at I wanted to say was like $20+ for like a 2 or 4 ft stick!

. . and you still got your $4 crowbar, so . . . . . .

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering....
does that thing always have chains to connect the lower arms to the upper arms or were they lost and you made those to get by?

We bought it used and it had the chains there already. For our uses, we never found need to replace them with more standard parts.

Regarding the claw, even though it looks dangerous, I had aleady ground down the ends a bit for a more rounded smoothness so that I could not accidentally gouge myself with it.....when opening beer bottles! :laughing: But with such a novel fix, I can always wrap the thing in duct tape as well!:thumbsup:

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #26  
Take it off and dunk the top end in that liquid rubber that dries to make a soft tool handle. It will be a near replica of an OEM handle.

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #27  
I was actually thinking the very same thing. Haha

/ Broken lever for raising/lowering.... #29  
That's what I thought. Good Ole Duct Tape would take care of that. If it was mine I wouldn't worry to much about the bottle opener. I like the fancy new style bottles. They twist Off.... and even Back in the day no bottle opener?? That's a joke................

Last edited: