Broke my Hydrolic

/ Broke my Hydrolic #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Sad to say, but while attempting to learn how to handle my backhoe controls, I may have smashed the top hydrolic fitting on the left stabilizer. see pics 2 & 3.

My question is of those that may have a 2375 hoe. As you can see in attached pic, the fitting is oriented inside, toward the frame, hence the smashing. Is it possible my cylinders were installed opposite? From the poor pictures in the manual, it appears the fittings might be on the outside, away from frame. Could someone check theirs and let me know? Perhaps one of our knowledgeble dealers?
My dealer is sending someone out Monday, but it sure put a damper on the weekend /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks

Attachments

• 608348-Stabilizer.jpg
    608348-Stabilizer.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 401
   / Broke my Hydrolic
#2 Close up of damaged fitting

Attachments

• 608352-Fitting3a.jpg
    608352-Fitting3a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 354
   / Broke my Hydrolic
#3 You can see damage to threads

Attachments

• 608356-Fitting4a.jpg
    608356-Fitting4a.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 309
   / Broke my Hydrolic #4  
Wow, that sure is a bummer. It's hard for me to see if the whole fitting is bent or just the threads themselves were marred. Almost looks like the hose wasn't attached properly and that is what led to what happened (cross-threaded from the get-go). Once again, it's hard for me to see. On a better note, at least your dealer will be out on Monday and I'm sure he'll have you up and running in no time. Gerard

/ Broke my Hydrolic #5  
Didn't you actually see it get smashed? It look like it was cross threaded. Did it leak?

/ Broke my Hydrolic #6  
Happens all the time.
Yep the arm comes up and slaps the frame.
The welded in fittings don't help with the fix.
2 ways first you can saw the threaded section off then drill and tap it for 1/8" pipe then screw in a 1/8" to #5 jic fitting.
Or saw it off the cyl. and weld on a new elbow fitting.

Cyl. comes off and apart easy and fast.

The hose fitting is fine can reuse it.

Have even had them broke by someone stepping on it.

/ Broke my Hydrolic #7  
Rap the fitting with pipe tap and put it back together and I bet that will get you going again....been there done that

/ Broke my Hydrolic #8  
I agree with Jerry. Those threads looked cross threaded, and now trashed, while the actual fitting looks unbent/damaged.

/ Broke my Hydrolic #9  
I had the exact same thing except mine was cross threaded it didn't get hit by anything. I would guess it was cross threaded. It took 70 hours on the tractor before I started seeing it leak. The dealer corrected it without a problem as it was a warrenty repair.

/ Broke my Hydrolic
Cross threaded indeed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The good news is my dealer ordered a new cylinder and hose from Kioti and they will be installed tomorrow morning. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif