Breathing Fire - warning

/ Breathing Fire - warning #1  

Asteral

Gold Member
Tractor
LS TRACTORS
just a heads up guys if you loan out your equipment make sure to inform the person your loaning to gasoline doesn't go into a diesel tractor.
Edit* just to give context, this unit was brought to us because they couldn't get it to start, well once we were finally able to this was the result, and was also shutdown very shortly after i took this video, gonna require fuel system overhaul, cleanout of tank, fuel lines, new filter, new injectors, and maybe a new injection pump if it damaged the internal seals, very costly for a simple mistake that can be prevented.

Attachments

• video0000001.gif
    video0000001.gif
    7 MB · Views: 220
   / Breathing Fire - warning #2  
Could be handy to get the brush pile burning, plus gas is a lot cheaper than diesel !

/ Breathing Fire - warning #3  
I've been around a couple of fuel mix ups.

Neither required any hard parts replacement.

And the filters were replaced just because it was a good idea.

/ Breathing Fire - warning #6  
Yeah, I have learned the hard way to not lend equipment. A burnt up piston on a chainsaw is one thing, but I would NEVER EVER consider letting anyone borrow my tractor.

/ Breathing Fire - warning #7  
My daughter went the other way, she inadvertently filled her brand new automobile with diesel. Fortunately that is not as bad as putting gasoline in a diesel as far as potentially destroying an engine, but it is still not a good thing to do. I am not sure what she paid the dealer to drain and clean stuff, but knowing how some dealers tend to stiff you, I will bet it wasn't cheap.

I loaned my 2 stroke trimmer to a neighbor who ran a couple of tanks of regular gas through it (and I gave her a can of premix to use, but she didn't want me have to pay for gas for her use). She said it stopped running right. The trimmer seized when I started it. Things happen:)

/ Breathing Fire - warning #9  
I put diesel into a lawnmower. It ran like crap but cleaned up good and ran for many years after.

/ Breathing Fire - warning #10  
Reason 986 on why we should NOT loan tools and equipment that we want to keep. Loaning equipment is usually lead by the assumption that the borrower will be as careful, knowledgeable and capable as the person who owns the equipment or tool. Often a poor assumption. Getting burned once usually changes that assumption in the future. I have been burned.