Bread maker or machine?

/ Bread maker or machine? #21  
I LOVE home made bread, but growing up in Norway. Bread is an everyday staple of household. And yes I make these every two weeks.

IMG_3678.jpg

/ Bread maker or machine? #22  
My wife wants a bread machine. I don't know squat about cooking . Anyway looking at reviews, prices, her preference (brand she knows) I think it's down to Oster or Cuisinart.
She wants a small one, and I see 1# to 1.5# ones. Can they bake, say 1/2 pound? Can they make rolls also?
Making too much at a time it will just go bad.
Anyone with experience...thanks a lot.
We have had the 2 pound size Oster for years and it works great. We have never used the timer, just the number setting and go.

/ Bread maker or machine? #23  
I borrowed a bread maker many years ago and didn't think the bread was as good as regular made bread. Very likely because i was following the recipes that came with the bread maker.

When growing up, my mom made bread about 10 days apart. It was the best tasting bread. I made it every once in a while and in one memorable bread, i used fresh ground flour as in ground a few hours before use. The difference in flavor was amazing! It was cold ground. That was the best bread i'd ever had.

When my mother started to get arthritis in her hands and wrist, when ever i visited i'd do the kneading for her, but eventually she came upon a "batter" bread recipe. I don't recall the recipe, but i remember she didn't need to knead it. It had yeast in it, and would rise like regular bread. The flavour was different, but good savory type flavour, and toasted was very good too.

/ Bread maker or machine? #24  
I haven't made bread in years but used to make 2 loaves every week. The first was for when it came out of the oven; with butter and perhaps a little honey it disappeared before it had a chance to cool. The second had to last for the next 6 days.

/ Bread maker or machine? #25  
My wife wants a bread machine. I don't know squat about cooking . Anyway looking at reviews, prices, her preference (brand she knows) I think it's down to Oster or Cuisinart.
She wants a small one, and I see 1# to 1.5# ones. Can they bake, say 1/2 pound? Can they make rolls also?
Making too much at a time it will just go bad.
Anyone with experience...thanks a lot.
I'm told by my expert... Yes, either brand will make less than a full loaf. You simply set it on the 'doe' setting. Once that's completed you bake it in your oven. Same procedure for less than a full loaf and rolls.

/ Bread maker or machine?
This is on topic and somewhat funny but a good friend is 6'5", 350# and when the food pyramid came out bought a bread maker since the largest (base) shows 5-12 bread servings. He started eating a loaf a day and quickly went to over 400#!
I think now they realize the food pyramid was wrong.
2023_01_05_11.37.27.jpg

/ Bread maker or machine?
I believe we've made a decision...the Zojirushi BB-SSC10 Maestro. About $380 but rave reviews and makes cakes as well.
Any thoughts appreciated!

/ Bread maker or machine? #29  
We've had three machines, made enough bricks to built an outhouse. Really great when they work but we finally gave up.