Branson Parts

/ Branson Parts #1  

denjen

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3515ch
I know some have swapped out the tier 4 muffler setup for a I think a Stanley muffler. Well, I thought I would see what a 2515 muffler would cost as an alternative to this approach on a 3515 for a what if scenario.... Well that was a short lived thought as the muffler for 2515 is ~$1,200! Does that strike anybody as a bit high, heck I have seen other manufacturer's listed at couple of hundred dollars....

/ Branson Parts #2  
No way that's right. Branson UK lists one for a F36Rn, which is essentially a 3515R, right at $240. This is just the muffler, so it doesn't include the actual exhaust pipe.

Even $240 seems a bit high to me, but that's seems to be the general practice on OEM parts of any manufacturer and I'm a cheap bastard of course.

/ Branson Parts #3  
I know some have swapped out the tier 4 muffler setup for a I think a Stanley muffler. Well, I thought I would see what a 2515 muffler would cost as an alternative to this approach on a 3515 for a what if scenario.... Well that was a short lived thought as the muffler for 2515 is ~$1,200! Does that strike anybody as a bit high, heck I have seen other manufacturer's listed at couple of hundred dollars....
that sounds excessively high even for Branson, i'm gonna check this out brb

/ Branson Parts #4  
i stand corrected that is 1200+ but i did fid out as to why, its not just a muffler there is a DOC in there as well, so think catalytic convertor, so its going to have platinum in it which explains the high cost right now, i did also see they were around 300 this time last year.

/ Branson Parts
Thanks guys; but wait why does it have a DOC when that is not required since it is under 26 hp? So, are people buying the 2515 under the assumption there is no emissions? Asteral, you think they are trying to streamline parts, have to wonder if new muffler for 2515 is same for say the 3515. That is only think that might make sense going from $300 last year to $1,200 this year or maybe I should invest more in precious metals... LOL

ptsg, you might have a potential side business.... LOL

/ Branson Parts #6  
Using the date of it's manufacture, the parts being the same for both engines sizes makes sense, or at least it once did. I have too few hours to mess with that idea.

/ Branson Parts #7  
streamlining parts may be one reason, but it could also be that they had to change manufacture of that part as they have done that quite often recently to try and keep up the supply of components

/ Branson Parts
That is a good point as well

/ Branson Parts #9  
That does seem pretty high. I wonder if they only call out the DOC variant of the part, to preclude folks from doing what you're considering? I could see $1200 for a new DOC filter, but not a muffler.

My Stanley muffler was $38 (if I remember correctly).