branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix #1  

bigrich954rr

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 4720h 6ft brush hog ,post hole digger, ripper, pallet forks,
branson 4720H leaking steering doesnt seem to be leaking around the chrome rods but back a little bit on the body of the steering

oring ?

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix #2  
Yes, most likely the o-ring that seals the barrel to the gland.

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix #3  
Bigrich, does your steering cylinder look like it has a metal threaded bar on one side that would look like it tightens the cylinder housing down onto itself? it should look like this.
InkedResized_2:sneaky:12_1:)35 (2)_LI.jpg - Google Drive - link to pic.

if your doesn't look like this then it should still fall under the branson warranty for the leak, but you will have to contact your purchasing dealer,a nd have them get ito contact with Scott@ branson to get it approved for repair, but they will cover the part cost( 500 ish usually) if you cover the labor generally takes 1.5-2 hours for complete swap.

this is at the very least something i would recommend you check into if it could possibly save you some money in repair cost.

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix
OK thank you I will check to see if it has that bolt which would be on the backside of the cylinder correct.

Yeah I called my dealer first he just wants to sell me and kepted telling me that there痴 no way it would be under warranty.

Even though he has one sitting on the shelf He said because people bend them I知 not just not buying it

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix #5  
I have NEVER and i MEAN NEVER had a customer bend a pst cylinder, i don't even think that possible without severe damage to the entire front axle housing, so i'm calling B.S on that, call this number 706-290-2500 and ask to peak with mike or Scott in the service department and explain your situation, a few pieces of info you'll need though serial number for the tractor and pictures of your cylinder and the picture i sent you, give them call and they should be able to get you taken care of.

I got 4 pictures of the cylinder no bolt on it do you know where the SN is normally at

Last edited:
thank you very much

/ branson 4720H leaking steering any one every had that issue ? how to fix #8  
serial number should be on the bottom left side( looking from the front) of your hood just on the frame rail you should see a metal plate it will have the serial number engraved on it, if you tractor is pretty well kept you might still also have the white sticker with the serial number on it, there are two of these stickers, one just under the seat on the kicker plate, the other is next to the metal plate on the frame rail

Thank you guys very much. I got in touch with mike he told me to email the pics to Scott so now I wait to hear back

Thank you guys I found the white sticker with the sn on it.

i just got my updated steering cylinder its in hand and i will be installing it today. When i brought this few years ago i was worried but now the tractors been great and the company has be great to deal with.