Branson 4520R purchase advice??

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #1  

Jeepwillys

Tractor
Branson 4520R
Hello,
Looking at purchasing a Branson 2016 4520R 4x4 w/ FEL.
I’ve been reading through old threads and wanted to ask if there are any common issues with this model that I should look for in particular when I go look at it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #2  
The emissions system on this era Branson uses a continual regen type DPF. It cleans itself when it gets hot from the engine operating. If the tractor is idled a lot, especially in the cold, and not run hard enough often enough, it can clog.

Check that the DPF warning light on the dash does not stay on more than ~5 seconds after the engine starts, either blinking or solid.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice??
Thank you Eric. I’ll Definitely check that.
Anything else that are common issues with these models to look out for?
Going to look at it tonight.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #4  
Check that the front axle seals are not leaking. There were some Bransons that had front wheel bearings go bad. The first sign is a leak from the axle housing because the play wears the seals. It's not a difficult fix, there's a youtube video of a guy doing it. But if it has that, it's something to know.

The machines are pretty reliable and I can't think of any other Branson-specific issues.

If the throttle or 3pt levers are stiff to operate, there are adjustable friction mechanisims on both. Mine were too tight for my tastes from the factory.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #5  
keep that radiator and oil cooler screens clean as you can, 2016-2018 had bad air flow around the engines specifically near the radiator area, they still kind of do but its not as bad anymore, if you dont keep these cleaned out that unit will overheat on you in a hurry, but as long as you keep it clean you wont have any issues.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #6  
I have had a 4520R since 2017, its a great machine although I only have 150 hrs on it.
Make sure you get the manuals with it and look at the PTO shaft to see if it spins.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #7  
Be sure to test that it'll run the PTO. The PTO linkage can get stuck inside the gearcase. Go neutral, high, neutral, low, and back to neutral.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #8  
First, welcome to TBN. Is there a Branson dealer near? Also, I think I read an article here on TBN about TYM rebranding Branson. I don't know if that is true, but it might be good to know about accessibility of parts. But I can't imagine there be much of a problem. There are a lot of Branson's in use.

/ Branson 4520R purchase advice?? #9  
i have a 2016 4520r i bought new, just removed the can and installed a muffler, much better all the way around, i wouldn't put much stalk in what the idiot light is doing, just unplug the computer there at the battery in front, and the light goes away. even if you leave the can installed, if you unplug the computer, the can just becomes a stinky muffler, and light gone. with no effect to the opperation of the tractor. but i would highly recommend swaping it out for a muffler. cause it will stop up