Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage

/ Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
My 05 or 06 3510i PTO won稚 engage. It worked OK yesterday, and simply won稚 engage today. I致e somehow lost the cover for the fuse panel (thatç—´ in another thread), so I checked all of the fuses. Theyæ±*e all good. My experience with solenoid coils is that they usually start giving trouble first when they are hot, but I知 open to other experiences there. I haven稚 checked the switch yet, but I壇 be surprised if it went bad since yesterday. Any other thoughts?

/ Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage #2  
Is your pto switch a 3 position, with "linked", "off" and "ind" on the switch?

Are you trying to use the "linked" position? Try the "ind" position to see if the problem may be related to your 3 pt height position switch.

/ Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage
Yes sir, it’s a three position switch. I’ve tried both positions, and lowered my bushhog. Makes no difference. I would check the three pt position switch, but I have no idea where it is.

/ Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage
I suspected it was the fuse, but didn’t know which one it was. I pulled the dash apart and checked power to the PTO switch - it was dead. I cranked the tractor, put the PTO switch in independent, and started pulling fuses and shorting the contacts together in the fuse panel. I found the fuse in question when I shorted it and the PTO started working. He was not burned out and fuse looked fine. I replaced it with a new one and all is good. Now to put everything back together - and it’s HOT here in GA,

/ Branson 3510i PTO won稚 engage #5  
I found the fuse in question when I shorted it and the PTO started working. It was not burned out and fuse looked fine. ,

Glad you found the problem!

I have had fuses do that before.... weird how that is......