Bragging on my baby...

/ Bragging on my baby... #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
Too many sad threads here..

My baby (18) was recently named to the Texas All-State Choir. For those unfamiliar it is a long and tedious process with 4 rounds of competition. Training starts in June and the final round is in January. Only about 80 are selected at each voice part. These are split into Mixed for the top half and Treble or Tenor/Bass for the lower half. She made the upper choir. Very proud of this one. We had four kids who all sing. Her older brother made it 4 times, but he got by mostly on natural ability...competition is also less for boys. She is a great kid and I am so happy for her. People always say you don't have favorites. I definitely do. I love them all, but this one is the type that is well grounded and liked by most. She's a great student, too. We will be in San Antonio next month to hear the performance. Thanks for enduring my brag-fest.

/ Bragging on my baby... #3  
Congrats...
Maybe there will be an upcoming video.

/ Bragging on my baby...
There will likely be bootleg recordings of the concert on YouTube.

Here's one from a few years ago. Her older brother was singing in this choir. The soloist was a college student.

/ Bragging on my baby... #5  
Torvy, I'd say you have a good reason to brag a bit. And congratulations to both your kids, as well as their parents.

/ Bragging on my baby... #6  
Good for her! you have justifiable cause to brag. 👍

/ Bragging on my baby... #7  
Always enjoy hearing good news and accomplishments.

/ Bragging on my baby... #8  
Very Nice. I find that very relaxing, inspiring and thought provoking. Enjoyed it a lot. Thank You. Larry

/ Bragging on my baby... #9  
Congrats, proud poppa. Best of luck to her and keep us posted.

/ Bragging on my baby...
Update: Daughter informed us she has made a college decision. She will be a Red Raider in the Fall. (Texas Tech in Lubbock for those who don't know) She had a lot of options, but Tech had the best ratio of cost to academics.

The bad news is it is about a 7 hour drive from our new place. The good news is I got a hug! She is not a big hugger, so this is a rare gift.