Boys will be boys !!

/ Boys will be boys !! #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
After having two daughters and three granddaughters I am still sometimes surprised by this first grandson. For example... Our covered patio has a sloped sidewalk that goes to the house and another sidewalk that goes to the shop. The sidewalk to the shop has one large high step just off the patio. When each of the granddaughters rode the tricycle near this step I would stop them and have them get off the trike. I would then push it off the step giving it a boost so it would flip over and clatter down the walk. All would get big eyed and never ride near the step again.

Now we have a grandson. He is two and a half years old.

So today he got a little close to the dropoff and I stopped him, got him off the trike, and shoved it over the edge giving it an extra push. It hit the sidewalk and flipped over making a huge crash as it clattered to a halt. Nolan watch the crash wide eyed with his mouth open. Before I could explain how he would get hurt if he rode the trike off the step he looked at me with a joyous grin on his face. "I do that", he said.

I just gotta learn about boys.

RSKY

/ Boys will be boys !! #2  
There is a difference.

"I can do this" is built in!

/ Boys will be boys !! #4  
Nice to hear! Good on you for preparing them for the future, though.

And yes. No matter what society would like to change, Boys will be Boys :thumbsup:

/ Boys will be boys !! #5  
Hold my drink comes a little later.

Ha! More like, "Hold my sippy-cup", chomp down on the dummy and go for it.

After the fact, all he has to say is that 'Grampie*' showed me!

* insert whatever the family/local word for Grandfather is.

/ Boys will be boys !! #6  
Ha! More like, "Hold my sippy-cup", chomp down on the dummy and go for it.

After the fact, all he has to say is that 'Grampie*' showed me!

* insert whatever the family/local word for Grandfather is.

Exactly!!!

I had three boys. The stories are endless and still talked about 30 years later!!! :)

/ Boys will be boys !! #7  
Yup,

"Chicks dig scars". Comes to mind. Or the old country music song "The Chicks Dig It", or something like that.

Lol.

Now your grandson will be pushing every Tonka truck and Matchbox car he has off of that drop off, shouting "YeeeHaaaww" the whole time.

He'll probably grow up to be a nascar fan too!

Well done, sir.

:laughing:

/ Boys will be boys !! #8  
Good. He needs stuff like that to be ingrained into his soul before society tries to turn him into an emasculated sissy boy. Teach him to be a provider and protector as well.

/ Boys will be boys !!
Yup,

"Chicks dig scars". Comes to mind. Or the old country music song "The Chicks Dig It", or something like that.

Lol.

Now your grandson will be pushing every Tonka truck and Matchbox car he has off of that drop off, shouting "YeeeHaaaww" the whole time.

He'll probably grow up to be a nascar fan too!

Well done, sir.

:laughing:

Yeah, he drug all the rideable toys out to the two wheeled trailer and tried to ride them out of it. I hade to latch the tailgate in to keep him safe. Then we drove the Kioti around the block with him standing between my legs steering. When I had to adjust the direction we were headed he would try to pry my hands off the steering wheel. My wife watched him for a couple hours the next day while I tilled the garden and said she was exhausted just watching him work.

He is pure boy.

Not even three years old and embarrasses his daddy flirting with teenaged girls. He will smile at them, laugh at them, and has been seen blowing kisses at young pretty waitresses in restaurants.

The granddaughters and me got into enough trouble but I foresee lots of fun with this one.

RSKY

/ Boys will be boys !! #10  
Oldest two put the youngest inside a large wooden cable spool. Then pushed him down a steep hill in the hay field. He traveled 150 yds at a brisk pace before crashing into the barbed wire fence. Broke two wires. Convinced him to not tell on them. Scrapes and scratches gave it away. He was five.

Now at 40 he's a better man because of things like this. :)

I taught my boys to work hard and play harder.