Box Blade for tc 35

/ Box Blade for tc 35 #1  

Parfleche

Silver Member
Tractor
NH tc35a
Hello,
What size box blade can a tc 35 handle with out problems?

Thanks again,
Best Regards,
Steve

/ Box Blade for tc 35 #2  
6 ft. with no problem. 7' in most cases will be ok too. 5ft. wouldn't cover your tracks.

/ Box Blade for tc 35 #3  
Steve, I agree with doall. I have a 5' box and a 5-1/2' box that I've had since before I bought my TC45D. I'd love to have a 6' or 7' one, but have just never spent the money for one. A blade wider than your rear tires will allow you to cut into a sloped grade beyond your tire width. The only way I can do that with either of my blades is by backing in at an angle and that is less than optimum. If the blade sticks out beyond the wheels, you can shave off with multiple passes in forward or reverse.

/ Box Blade for tc 35 #4  
I've used a friend's 7ft box on my TC35 without problems, and that extra width leaves a nice clean track. I gear down a bit for extra torque, but the machine can clearly handle it.

/ Box Blade for tc 35
Hello Folks,
I appreciate your input. I will watch for a 7. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Steve

/ Box Blade for tc 35 #6  
I just bought a 6' used box blade for my TC35A. I have my rear tires set out wide and the 6' box blade covers it pretty well. I agree that a 7' blade would not be a problem, but 7' blades are not as common. There were several used BBs on Craigslist when I was looking for one. Good luck.