Bought my second LS!

/ Bought my second LS! #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
A little over 3 years ago, I bought a new J2023. It was a good, solid machine and served me well. But last fall I bought a large hunting property and quickly found out that my J2023 was just way to small for working out there. So I decided to sell it this summer. I ended up selling it for $700 less than I bought it for and with the hours I put on it, it came out to a cost of $3/hour. So I figure I got a great price on it and it was well worth the $3/hour!

So I was shopping for used since I only had about $15,500ish to spend and I wasn't going to finance anything. I came very close to buying a Deere, a Kubota, and a Branson. But in the end, LS won out again in terms of getting more machine for the same money. I bought a very lightly used R3039 with 185 hours and still has warranty left for $14,800 out the door. Considering the extra HP, weight, lift capacity, and very nice deluxe features like two sets of rear remotes, suspension seat, and tilt steering, I could not be more happy with my purchase! I decided on a shuttle shift tranny and I'm liking it more than the hydro I had on the J2023. I started using it with my 6ft Land Pride finish mower last night and the tractor is a beast. It doesn't even know the mower back there. So needless to say, I'm happy to have a bigger tractor and LS keeps being the best bang for your buck. So much so, I picked LS for my second tractor too!

IMG_0883.JPGIMG_0884.JPGIMG_0888.JPGIMG_0889.JPG

/ Bought my second LS! #2  
That is a nice machine, and it doesnt have the extra emissions gadgets right?. Im envious of you guys who have nice clean used tractor options for purchase. There isnt much here for used tractors except for beat down/high hour ones that sell for close to new prices.

/ Bought my second LS!
That is a nice machine, and it doesnt have the extra emissions gadgets right?. Im envious of you guys who have nice clean used tractor options for purchase. There isnt much here for used tractors except for beat down/high hour ones that sell for close to new prices.

That's right, no Tier 4 BS. Just a plain Diesel engine, the way they are supposed to be. I have a 2 year old boy who loves to ride the tractor, so I can put around the yard at 1100rpms and not have to worry about soot levels, regens, and whatever else.

I had to drive 4 hours one way to get this machine. Clean, well cared for tractors are a rarity in my area too. Most look beat all to **** and have high hours as well. I'm very particular about my "toys" so finding a tractor from someone who cares for their stuff like I do was pretty hard to find.

/ Bought my second LS! #4  
My R3039H has been solid.

I predict you will be very happy with yours.

Congrats on a great find.

/ Bought my second LS!
Thanks. I finished up my mowing with it tonight and washed all the dust off of it. I also changed the engine oil and filter just because I like knowing I'm working with fresh oil and filter when I buy a used machine. Oil change was quick and easy. I also got the loader frame put back on and it took less than 5 minutes.