Bought Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump from HF -It's Actually Great!

/ Bought Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump from HF -It's Actually Great! #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
I read a good review from a man like me who'd also had shoulder surgery and wanted to stop lifting his fuel high for his Wood Mizer sawmill. My need was Kioti top fill tank. That pump sells for various prices depending on coupons, and specials. I got lucky and it was runi9ing for $89.99 ~ a month ago, regular HF MSRP is like $129. There are nearly 200 reviews on HF and after reading where FT equipment operators were using this to pump 55 gl driums in a matter of minutes I jumped on one.
It comes with a gas station style filler nozzle and 12-13' of 7/8" fuel hose. It had alligator clips one a fused line. I bought a new SAE battery tender lead, 13' long, with 10ga wires and cut one end to make a hanging power source for the new pump plus also SAE for battery maintainer. That left enough to remove the alligator clips and splice my SAE pump power onto transfer pump. I made a pickup gizmo from 3/4" plastic pipe with a 90 El on one end so it sticks to the bottom of my 5 gallon diesel jugs. A 3/4" pipe adapter fits inside my pickup 7/8" hose cut from the long piece that comes with the pump. It includes VG quality SS clamps too.
For my WM sawmill, which runs on gasoline I am in process of making a copycat of the Gastapper brand gasoline transfer setup. I bought a used FI pump on Amazon and will mount it in a plastic tool case with a mtd switch and tubing set up. I got mine for under $10 as a used (not really) return. I'll run it off alligator clips on sawmill battery and mower battery, Kawasaki Mule same thing.

/ Bought Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump from HF -It's Actually Great! #3  
   / Bought Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump from HF -It's Actually Great! #4  
5 Amp High Power Connectors - WiringProducts. Ltd.

These are useful for many high amperage DC applications. I buy mine from a forklift dealer. You can eliminate the pump battery if you wire tractors to power the pump. Using same connectors on jumper cables makes jump starts even easier. You can refer to my post to see how I modded my tractors.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...ng-electrical-devices-tractor.html?highlight=

Yep, that's what I use.
Also have the bigger one for jump starting other vehicles and my jumpers are terminated with matching connectors.