Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3902; Kubota b7100HST
I bought a new L3902 in June of '23 paid full price for it. Recently while researching parts I realized the serial number indicates it's a 2019. When I got it the seat was a bit rough looking not torn or anything just weathered as we're the oil fill caps faded as well as the trans dip stick. Having just moved to Tennessee I though that it must be been a rough winter and previous summer thinking it was probably delivered the summer of 22 to the dealership. But not wanting to complain I just turned a blind eye. Well now with this revelation I feel a bit taken. I get that they are not like cars and I would've been fine with a '22 but 4 years old seems a bit much especially when I was expecting a new tractor. I want to call them and give them an earful but I don't want to but bridges either. Thoughts?

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #2  
No harm in calling them and explaining nicely what you’ve discovered and see what the response is.

The “best” thing would be you could find another new (or low hours) one from 2019 somewhere and see what they’re selling for. That will give you an idea if you paid full price or a discounted price.

While it’s annoying to have that happen, I doubt it has any real impact on the current value.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #3  
You can also look at it as you got a nice Pre-covid tractor. Everything built after Covid is somewhat suspect, if only in my mind. Yeah that would bug me to if my new tractor had sat outside for 3 or 4 years. If it was inside, wouldn't bother me at all.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #4  
Since the L3902s did not come out until 2022, I am assuming that your decals indicate that you have an L3902, I think some type of fraud has taken place. :oops:
Definitely something to question the dealer about.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #5  
There is another possibility. The serial number calculator may just be wrong. Since the model change maybe the sequence changed. I thought there were enough changes between those models that simply rebadging an ××01 would be fairly obvious.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #7  
Personally, I would contact Kubota directly and get them to confirm date of manufacture, and then contact dealer While others have indicated, tractors, unlike car/truck sales, do not normally have a price depreciation each year, OEM's may discount price or have other incentives to move inventory. Kubota had a national promotion on the actual L3902 series that ended in June 2023. Did any of that apply to your deal?

This LINK, gives a hint to what changed on the 02 versions in the L series, so you can look to see if any of these features are missing on your model, if you need substance to back up your claim.

Last edited:
   / Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #10  
You can also look at it as you got a nice Pre-covid tractor. Everything built after Covid is somewhat suspect, if only in my mind. Yeah that would bug me to if my new tractor had sat outside for 3 or 4 years. If it was inside, wouldn't bother me at all.
A Pre-Covid tractor? A post-Covid tractor?