Bought a new deere 26g

/ Bought a new deere 26g #21  
Just bought a new Deere 26g open station

Looked around at used machines not only of Deere but quite a few others. Everything I found such high price for what they where or where junk. I am sure as many of you know. Stopped in at my Deere dealership and they had this one on the showroom floor. Started talking with a salesman and he gave me a fairly high price. The dealership has locations and decided to call my normal salesman at a different location. His price came back over $6,000 cheaper. After finalizing the numbers I told him I would take it.

I had been talking with him about the same model but with a cab and he gave me a price but he couldn't order one from john deere. They had put a hold on all orders. He did tell me about the open cab model they had but I really thought I wanted a cab. After thinking about it I couldn't justify the extra cost at this time. I don't disagree that would be great to have a cab but for as much I would be using the machine was it really worth it. Also due to not having many or no new machines out there to buy I figured if I wanted one I better do it now. Once the weather starts warming up around here I am sure there will be plenty more looking to buy one.

I will post pictures once it gets here. Now need the snow to go away so I can use it lol
I have a New Holland 26C Same size. Bought for the same reason. Lots of used and junk for about the same price. I had a 4' rake, 3' cleanout and a 1' bucket made. All get used and does a amazing job. I later added a flail mower for maintaining all the overgrowth.

Also read from everybody you cant use them for snow but I tried it anyway. Actually works great. Have a couple hills that are around 15% that got a bit squirrelly. Backed up them and pushed the snow downhill. Would have been easier with a angle blade but used the 1' bucket to push the snow away from the blade. Kept the blade about 1" off the gravel.

/ Bought a new deere 26g
Ordered the same thing rake, clean out buckt and 1 foot bucket.

Ordered a 32 inch light bar today for across the top to replace the halogen one that come on the machine.

I wish they had a angle blade option for all the machines instead of the larger ones. I could see it working for snow, needs a bigger blade though lol

/ Bought a new deere 26g #23  
If the 26g is anything like the 27d you may not get much use out of the 1 foot bucket. On the 27d the pin that the bucket and thumb rotates around it 16 inches long (if memory serves me). This makes it impossibe to make a 1 foot wide ditch deeper than the length of the bucket.

/ Bought a new deere 26g
If the 26g is anything like the 27d you may not get much use out of the 1 foot bucket. On the 27d the pin that the bucket and thumb rotates around it 16 inches long (if memory serves me). This makes it impossibe to make a 1 foot wide ditch deeper than the length of the bucket.
You are correct about the 16 inches wide. Wish they would have designed that better

But for what I mainly will use it for is trenches 18in to 24in deep. From where the pins are to the teeth is 27in so it should work good.

/ Bought a new deere 26g #25  
Nice machine!

/ Bought a new deere 26g #26  
18 to 24 inch deep, not sure what you are doing but I wanted to install some electrical and water on my property, the EX had the 16 inch bucket but way too much of a trench so I made this bucket, it will go down a good 2 feet, made from 3/8 plate 6 inches wide at the tip with a grader blade edge the top is 12 inches, had it drawn on cad then cnc plasma cut, hardest part was figuring the X change breaking it into pieces but after that we have made many mounts and attachments, some being a 32 inch root rake, 36 inch x 10 tall grader scraper, root cutter, auger mount even a attachment with a reverse bucket we can dig the opposite so digging away from the machine, this one takes a bit to get use to

Attachments

• DSC_0450_resized_20220217_083722545.JPG
    DSC_0450_resized_20220217_083722545.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0492_resized_20220217_083722395.JPG
    DSC_0492_resized_20220217_083722395.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0511_resized_20220217_083722216.JPG
    DSC_0511_resized_20220217_083722216.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
   / Bought a new deere 26g
18 to 24 inch deep, not sure what you are doing but I wanted to install some electrical and water on my property, the EX had the 16 inch bucket but way too much of a trench so I made this bucket, it will go down a good 2 feet, made from 3/8 plate 6 inches wide at the tip with a grader blade edge the top is 12 inches, had it drawn on cad then cnc plasma cut, hardest part was figuring the X change breaking it into pieces but after that we have made many mounts and attachments, some being a 32 inch root rake, 36 inch x 10 tall grader scraper, root cutter, auger mount even a attachment with a reverse bucket we can dig the opposite so digging away from the machine, this one takes a bit to get use to
I am a electrical contractor so do alot of conduit. I agree even the 12 inch bucket is big for what we do at times. I love your bucket, might have to break out the welder

/ Bought a new deere 26g #28  
   / Bought a new deere 26g #29  
I am a electrical contractor so do alot of conduit. I agree even the 12 inch bucket is big for what we do at times. I love your bucket, might have to break out the welder
when you are ready I could give you the cad file to have parts cut at a cnc plasma or water jet shop,